Chapter 5 ~ The Poke-master 5000

Chapter 5: The poke-master 5000

-Tyler-

Day 2: Be the annoying jerk she never wanted to have around

"Amy."

No response.

"Hey, Ames."

Silence.

I poke her cheek, hoping she'll show some sort of reaction but her face remains hard and emotionless, her eyes fixated on our professor walking around in front of us.

"Come on, it's just coffee," I whisper, trying to not catch Mr. Wilson's attention while poking her again, this time her arm.

Nothing.

I sigh. This is going to be more difficult than I initially thought.

"You know, I'll annoy you for the rest of the lesson if you keep ignoring me, sweetheart," I say, smirking smugly, never stopping to poke her and I see her jaw clenching. She's getting mad. Good!

I decided to be a real jerk today and took the seat right next to hers and since our psychology class is pretty crowded, there are no other free seats so she has no other choice than to bear with me.

"So? What do you say? Are you going to do me the honor of letting me take you out to grab that coffee or do you want me to go on?" I grin, poking her continuously.

"Would you stop that for Christ's sake!" she growls low after what seems like hours, slapping my hand away.

"Mr. Adams, Miss Monroe, do I bore you with my lecture?" Mr. Wilson's voice suddenly resounds, drawing our attention.

"No, please do go ahead and interrupt our conversation," I mutter under my breath, slightly annoyed that we've been caught.

"Pardon?"

"Oh, nothing. I just said how awfully ashamed I am to have interrupted your beautiful speech, sir." I don't try to hide the sarcastic tone in my voice, which causes some of the students to chuckle lightly. By now, Amy's face has turned an unhealthy shade of red and I'm not sure if it's because she's mad or embarassed. Judging from the murderous look in her eyes though, it's probably the former.

Mr. Wilson frowns at me suspiciously but chooses to drop it for now and go on with his lecture.

"So, where was I? Oh yeah, right," I then murmur as soon as he's got his back turned to us, starting to poke the poor girl again. She groans in frustration, throwing her arms on her desk and placing her forehead on them, hiding her face. If this wasn't so much fun, I might feel sorry for her. But I'm enjoying this way too much.

Does that make me a bad person? Probably. Do I care? Not really.

An hour later, an hour full of poking and annoying her, the teacher dismisses us for the day and we pack our stuff and head out of the room, me sticking to Amy's heels as if my life depends on it. I follow her to her locker, not missing the glares the girls shoot her and the admiring looks in the eyes of the guys.

"Can you," she says as we reach her locker, moving her hand in a shooing fashion. "Mhh, sassy. I like that," I wink at her, stepping out of the way and her lips start twitching lightly but she quickly disappears behind the now open door of her locker, hiding her face from me.

"Flattery won't get you anywhere Tyler," she clarifies but her voice is shaky. "Are you sure about that? Cause I could swear I just saw you flushing," I tease her, chuckling when she slams her locker shut.

"A sharp tongue does not mean you have a keen mind," she retorts, walking out of one of the smaller buildings into the main one, heading towards the college canteen.