Chapter 15 ~ Her Fingerprints On My Heart

Chapter 15: Her fingerprints on my heart

-Tyler-

The following week passed by quite quickly and eventlessly. I spent most of my time studying and I'm pretty proud to say that I did very well in all of my exams. If I wasn't studying, then I was at Amy's so we could find a suitable song for the charity concert in a few days and to create and rehearse a little performance.

We decided to cover 'Pyramid' by Charice and Iyaz because Amy said the audience will want to see some sort of romantic duet, it will be the only song I perform with her though. Amy herself will be on stage for a whole hour so she obviously has to prepare a couple more songs but she refused to tell me which ones she chose, claiming it will be a surprise.

All in all, nothing really spectacular happened over the last few days but today is different; it's Friday and that means it's the day of our second date. I'm planning to pick her up and take her back to my place - since she hasn't been there yet - and cook for her and watch some movies afterwards but she doesn't know that yet.

Quickly walking through the corridors of the supermarket, I'm looking for the last few ingredients I need for tonight's dinner and also some snacks. After grabbing some strawberries and a glass jar of Nutella, the last things on my list, I make my way to one of the checkstands to pay before heading back home.

-

"I'm so sorry, I know I'm late," Amy blurts out as she climbs into the passenger seat and offers me an apologetic smile.

As always, she looks stunning. She's wearing a pair of dark washed ripped jeans in combination with a purple tank top that's tied in the front and matching heels.

"Don't worry about it. For you I'd wait forever," I wink at her, causing her to giggle delightfully. I turn the key in the ignition and the car purs to life.

"You look beautiful, muffinhead," I compliment her, smiling when a blush forms on her cheeks. "Thank you, Clumsiot," she retorts, smirking at me cheekily.

"Really? Are you seriously going to use that nickname on me from now on?" I grumble, giving her a disapproving look to emphasize my point but she doesn't show the slightest reaction.

"Yep," she says, popping the 'p' and I shake my head in disbelief.

"So where are you taking me this time?"

"Not saying," I smirk, my eyes focusing on the much-used road in front of me. "Just a little hint?" she pleads, shooting me her best puppy eyes look. "Nope," I reply, the grin on my face getting wider when a frustrated groan leaves her lips and she throws herself back into her seat. Oh sweet, sweet revenge.

"Hey, what's your favorite color?" I ask out of the blue, causing her to turn her head and look at me with a confused expression. "Where did that come from now?" she wants to know.

"I'm just curious," I reply. "It's been a while since we've been...I don't know, seeing each other and I still don't know a lot about you."

She stares at me for a while silently, but then opens her mouth to answer. "Purple."

"Really? You hate pink but your favorite color is purple?" I chuckle, arching an eyebrow quizzically. "Woah, hold it right there! Pink and purple are two absolutely different colors!" she protests, looking at me as if I'm the most stupid person on this planet.

"No, they're not?"

"Yes, they are?"

"Not really."

"Most definitely."

"Nah-ah."

"Oh my God, can you just stop for Heaven's sake?" she suddenly bursts out. "You're a guy, I don't even know why I'm discussing this with you," she huffs, crossing her arms over her chest in an attempt to look offended but failing miserably.