Chapter 14 ~ You Don't Play With Food...Do You?

Chapter 14: You don't play with food...do you?

-Tyler-

It's the greatest time of the semester; a time where poor students like myself stay up all night, cramming over their damn books, only being able to reach their limits by consuming tons of Redbull and other caffein-containing beverages. I'm speaking about exam week. Woo-freaking-hoo.

As I enter my Accounting class, I see most of my classmates already seated in their usual places, the nerds sitting in the very first row with their noses deep in their books while some of the lazier students frantically run around, trying to review the subject matter they didn't study in.

Ah, who doesn't love the smell of desperation and fear in the early morning?

I slash myself a way through my fellow students until I reach the last row of seats where I sit down, releasing a sigh of annoyance. My eyes are heavy since I barely slept last night and I can feel a headache slowly building up.

Great. Just great.

As our professor enters the room, heading straight towards her desk in the front, I let out another frustrated groan, rubbing my eyes in an attempt to clear my vision. She greets us with a cheerful 'good morning' to which she only gets a series of mumbled responses, causing her to chuckle delightfully. I swear, for teachers this is like Christmas and New Year's Eve combined because they just love torturing their students and making them suffer.

"Sit down everybody, we have no time to spare," Mrs. Jones announces, an evil smile plastered on her face.

The ones still standing around do as they're told and Mrs. Jones starts handing out the exam papers. As soon as I get mine, I quickly go over the questions and to my surprise, they're actually really simple.

In a sudden rush of confidence, I set myself to work, solving one question after another. The exam is actually set out for two whole hours but it takes me less than one to finish it. For the first time in world history, Tyler Adams is the first to hand his papers back to the teacher. I never thought I would ever live to see this day. Please, please, no need for applause.

Mrs. Jones stares at me incredulously as she takes my papers from me and I can't stop a sheepish smirk from forming on my face.

Feeling proud and relieved, I head out the door and immediately start on my way towards Amy's locker on the second floor. Luckily, she's there and just about to deposit some of her books only to exchange them with a few others. Just seeing her lifts my mood even more and I forget all about the headache that was fighting to break out.

Her back is turned towards me so she doesn't see me approaching her and I take my chance to surprise her. "Hello, gorgeous," I murmur into her ear, my hands snaking around her belly as I inhale her bewitching scent; fresh roses and vanilla.

She momentarily stiffens, something I've noticed she always does whenever I touch her but I guess it's just because things are still very new between us and she hasn't opened up to me completely yet. But soon after, her body relaxes as she leans back into me, putting her hands over mine. "Hey," she mutters and I can almost hear her smiling.

"How did you do?" I ask her as I take a step back, allowing her to turn around to face me. "Good actually, it wasn't too difficult," she answers, offering me a warm smile. "You?"

"Surprisingly well actually," I reply, smiling as her eyes light up. "You're having some sort of influence on me, woman," I add, causing her to giggle lightly. Dear God, will I ever get used to hthat beautiful sound?

"I'm not doing anything. You're a smart guy, you don't need no one's influence," she says, turning back around to close her locker.

"Oh well, I'm not going to disagree, muffinhead. You really are the luckiest girl on this planet," I tease, giving her a flirtatious wink to which she groans in annoyance, rolling her eyes. "You're just incurable," she huffs and I laugh in response as she starts walking away.