Chapter 8 ~ The Picture-Perfect Hollywood Kind Of Love Story

Chapter 8: The picture-perfect, Hollywood kind of love story

-Tyler-

Day 5: Time to bust out the big guns

They say everyone has their own unique story to tell; a reason why they've become who they are today, an incident that changed them so drastically that they could never go back to the person they used to be. Some people change because they're weak and allow their environment, the people surrounding them, to influence them while others change because they had to stay strong for too long before eventually breaking into shattered pieces of their old, lost selves. And yet others have just been hurt one too many times. I'm wondering which of these categories Amy fits into.

I know I let things get out of hand yesterday. I let my emotions lead me and that was a big mistake cause now she's scared. She's so scared that she didn't even show up to college today. I went to pick her up like we had planned but I was told that she's already left. I thought she might have taken a cab but she's not here and I have not the slightest clue as to where she could be.

I don't know why I keep messing things up with her, it's so frustrating. It's like when you first start playing basketball; you aim for the hoop but keep missing it every time.

Letting out a heavy sigh, I close my eyes and lift my head towards the sun, the warmth of its rays quickly spreading across my face.

"Has anyone ever told you how sexy you look when you're reading?" I hear Darin purring into Ashley's ear and when I open my eyes, I catch him pushing a little strand of her hair back. She doesn't react.

"You know Ashley, I'm a sucker for educated girls. Why don't you study me some time? I could show you some very useful biological techniques that would sweep you off your feet," he continues to whisper, making sure to gently brush the skin of her ear with his lips and I can see her knuckles turn white as she tightens her grip on the book in her hands.

"You wouldn't mind Jaiden, would you?" He grins at his best friend mischievously who's shooting him death glares, his lips nothing but a thin line.

"Oh my God what are you Darin, twelve?" Ashley snaps at him, finally losing her temper.

"Yeah, on a scale of one to ten babe," he winks at her and I can't help but burst out laughing. If you have weird friends, you honestly have everything you need in life.

"Is that a laugh I hear? I could have sworn you had unlearnt how to do that," Darin taunts, giving me a sheepish grin.

Scratch what I just said, I take everything back. Friends? Who needs friends?

"And I'd like to see things from your point of view but I can't seem to get my head that far up my ass bro," I fire back, earning myself a high five from Jaiden whose mood seems to have lifted.

"But he's right Ty, there's something on your mind isn't it?" Ashley persists, giving me a concerned look.

I sigh again, not trying to hide my annoyance. "It's Amy, I just can't seem to get her to open up to me."

"Well that's because she's probably having wild dreams about me every night," Darin chimes in, grinning smugly.

"Do you ever wonder what life would be like if you would have had enough oxygen at birth?" Ashley retorts and he puts his hand on his chest in mock hurt. "N'aw, your words cut me like a knife."

She opens her mouth to counter but I cut her off. "Guys, can we return to my problem here?"

"Yeah, right," Ashley chirps, clapping her hands cheerfully. "Okay so she's obviously not your stereotype girl, she won't fall to her knees and worship you just by getting a glimpse of you like the rest of the brainless, mind-bendingly stupid Barbies here which is why I already love her," she grins.