Chapter 10 ~ When Wishes Come True

Chapter 10: When wishes come true

-Amy-

"Come oonnn Ashley pleeeaaassee," I whine and give her my cutest puppy eyes.

She doesn't answer me.

"Just a teeny, tiny hint?"

"Not a chance! He wants to surprise you and I won't be the one to ruin it," she replies, refusing to answer my question.

"But if I don't know where he's taking me how am I supposed to know what to wear?" I groan in frustration. "Nice try, sweetheart. That's what I'm here for, remember? I'll pick out the perfect outfit for you," she winks at me.

It's Monday and not enough that it's the worst day of the week but Ashley has dragged me to the mall and has been pulling me from store to store for the last five hours to help me get ready for my date tonight. Five freaking hours.

I know girls are supposed to be obsessed with shopping and all and usually I enjoy these things but today I'm just so nervous. But at the same time I'm extremely excited about what's going to happen as well because I have not the slightest clue.

It's dangerous to feel this way toward someone I barely know and I'm very aware of that but there's just something about Tyler that keeps pulling me back to him no matter how hard I try to stay away from him.

We're currently at Forever 21 and I'm holding a huge pile of clothes in my hands while Ashley still adds more and more pieces, almost drowning me. I can already see the headlines: 'Dorky college girl killed by fashion; shopping for first date gone wrong'.

"That should be enough for now, go get dressed," she commands, causing me to snap out of my daydreams and I don't dare to contradict as she pushes me towards the fitting rooms. After entering one of the cubicles, I close the long, red curtain behind me and start undressing.

The first outfit is a dark blue maxi dress with a criss-cross neckholder that's really tight-fitted but still suits my body perfectly.

It looks really elegant and I like it but I'm not sure if it's really appropiate for a first date. When I step out into the little hallway that seperates the two rows of cubicles where Ashley is sitting, she confirms my guess.

"Hmh, too formal. Next one," she orders before dedicating her attention back to the phone in her hands so I step back into the cubicle to try the next outfit which is the exact opposite of the first one. It's a very short, red dress that barely covers my butt with little studs decorating the biggest cleavage I have ever seen.

"Too slutty," Ashley's voice sounds behind me, causing me to jump ten feet into the air. When I turn around, I see only her head sticking through the curtain. "God, Ashley! Privacy and restraint are two foreign terms to you aren't they?"

"Oh please, there's nothing on your body that I haven't already seen so man up a little, would you?" she winks at me. "Next."

"It's great how you're not dominant at all," I mutter sarcastically with a roll of my eyes.

"I'm sorry, do you want to repeat that?" she challenges, crossing her arms over her chest while tapping her foot on the floor repeatedly.

"I said yes ma'am!" I lie, regarding her with a salute. "Yeah, thought so," she smirks winningly.

The fitting seems to come to no end. No matter what I show her, Ashley's never satisfied, she always finds some stigma. This dress is too long, that outfit's too unattractive, yet another not sexy enough.

"Okay this is the last one, if you don't like it then to hell with these things, I'll go home and wear a dress of my own," I rant in annoyance and I hear her chuckling cheekily behind the curtain.