Chapter 4 ~ Giving Up Is Simply Not An Option

Chapter 4: Giving up is simply not an option

-Tyler-

"Amy," I hear myself whispering. "Tyler," she murmurs, her big eyes full of passion. She's standing right in front of me, so close that I can feel her warm breath on my skin.

Cautiously I take a step forward and put my hands around her waist, carefully pulling her closer, afraif that she'll run away again but she doesn't back away. Instead, our eyes lock almost instantly. We're so close that I can smell the scent of her shiny gold hair. Roses and vanilla. It's enchanting.

I slowly bend down to whisper into her ear, my lips touching her silky-soft skin. "You look beautiful."

I feel her breath hitching and when I look back at her, I find her smiling at me shyly, her cheeks flushed. Our eyes meet again and she slowly puts her arms around my neck, causing a whole firework to explode in my head. She stands up on her tiptoes and leans in to kiss me, her blue eyes fixated on my lips. "Ty," she breathes against them.

Slowly, so torturously slowly, her face inches towards mine and my heart rate increases by the second until I feel like my heart is going to jump out of my chest. Her lips brush over mine and that simple touch is enough to send a shiver of anticipation through my more than tense body.

I was thinking 'bout her, thinking 'bout me, thinking 'bout us, what we gon' be, open my eyes yeah, it was only just a dream.

Nelly's voice suddenly blares out of my phone, causing me to start from my sleep and fall off my bed with a loud thud.

Cussing and still dazed with sleep, I look around, trying to comprehend what just happened and it takes me a while to realize I'm lying on the floor of my room. It was just a dream.

Oh the irony.

The curtains are closed and that stupid song is still raping my poor ears which only adds to my vicious headache, causing me to let out a frustrated groan.

Ashley.

She must have changed my alarm tone to this..this cancer-causing thing. I don't dare call this a song.

Grabbing my phone, I turn off the alarm and take a look at the time on the screen. It's eight in the morning on a freaking Sunday for heaven's sake!

Totally hungover, I get up from the floor and throw myself back into my pillows. That's when I realize that my weird dream hasn't passed me by tracklessly. He who must be obeyed is wide awake.

"Urghh, this can't be!" I groan into my pillow in frustration. The joys of being a guy. Yes, we suffer too, ladies.

My thoughts wander back to last night. After Amy's performance - she truly set the house on fire - I was totally enchanted. That cute blonde girl I had danced with earlier tried to get my attention but I only had eyes for her so she eventually stomped off. I can't even tell if Amy saw me in the crowd, drooling like a hormonal teenage boy. I pray to God she didn't. Otherwise I'd have to get out of town, name myself Olaf and live in a forest, far away from civilization for the rest of my life.

After they had played their last song, she bowed and thrilled everyone with a beaming smile before leaving the stage. Of course I ran after her but lost her in the crowd of drunken people, their bodies dripping with sweat from dancing like maniacs as a new band started their show.

I have to see her again. I just need to know more about this girl that hasn't left my mind ever since I first saw her.

I get out of my bed, ignore that uncomfortable feeling of walking around with my morning glory and head straight into the bathroom to take a cold shower. I take off my clothes, get under the shower head and let the cool water rinse all over my sweaty body, my eyes closed. I take my time showering, washing away all the tension within my body before I grab a white towel out of the bathroom cabinet, put it around my waist and walk back into my room. There I grab my boxers, a pair of light blue jeans and my favorite black Nike t-shirt.