Chapter 2 ~ Cinderella Lost Her Shoe

Chapter 2: Cinderella lost her shoe

-Tyler-

"How about that shorty standing under that tree?" Darin asks, a smug smile painted on his face. "Seven," Jaiden and I answer in unison. "Come on guys, she's definitely a nine. She's got all the right curves in all the right places," he smirks, checking her out from the distance. "Okay what about the brunette over there wearing the red heels? She's definitely a ten, damn bros," he continues. "Eight. She's hot and all but blonde girls are more my type," Jaiden replies, half-smiling.

It's a sunny day and since we don't have any classes right now, we're hanging around on campus. And if you were wondering, yes we're rating girls. What can I say, guys are dicks.

"Blonde girls, huh?" Darin grins wickedly. "You mean girls like Ashley?" I add teasingly.

"You know, I'm not saying I hate you guys but I often catch myself fantasizing about you being attacked by skunks in a jungle of lego bricks somewhere near a Bieber concert," Jaiden scoffs, causing me and Darin to burst out laughing.

It's been a whole day since that incident with the new girl and I thought a little bit fun would take my mind off things cause she's been haunting my thoughts ever since I saw her. For some reason, I keep replaying that scene on the stairs over and over again in my head and each time my hands get all sweaty and my breaths heavier.

"Thinking about your Cinderella?" Jaiden suddenly grins, pulling me out of my thoughts. "She's not my Cinderella," I answer without even thinking. Big mistake. Darin and Jaiden turn their heads around so fast, I wouldn't be surprised if both their necks would have snapped. I think Darin's even cracked a bit.

"Not your Cinderella?" Jaiden exclaims. "So you were thinking about her," Darin chimes in, his eyes widening in surprise. "Dude, don't tell me you're whipped already!"

"Pssh, no one's whipped bro," I snort, straightening myself. "I just want to get to know her, no big deal guys," I laugh, slapping them both on the back playfully.

"What's no big deal?" a high-pitched voice asks somewhere behind me. Turning around, I see Ashley and her friend Kaitlyn walking towards us who immediately runs over to me, placing a kiss on my cheek. "Kaitlyn," I say, acknowledging her presence as I take a small step back.

"Romeo here wants to take Juliet's heart by storm," Jaiden answers Ashley's question, grinning amusedly and I just stare at him blankly.

"Aww, the new girl?" Ashley gushes, her face lightening up with excitement. "Guys, I just want to talk to her. It's not like I'm going to propose," I groan, rolling my eyes in annoyance. Why is everyone making such a big deal out of this? I meet new girls all the time.

"Okay hold on, what did I miss?" Kaitlyn frowns, crossing her arms over her chest. "Nothi-" I start but Ashley interrupts me promptly. Wow. Everyone clear the way for Miss Rudeness 2015.

"There's this new girl and Tyler saved her from falling down the stairs yesterday. You should have seen how he looked at her, it was so adora-"

"Wooah, you did what? Who's that bitch?" Kaitlyn breaks in on her, looking at me incredulously. Here we go.

"No offense Kaitlyn, but that's none of your business. And she's certainly not a bitch," I scowl, trying my best not to snap. Why do girls always create so much drama?

"Oh I think it is, we're dating, remember?" she huffs, raising her eyebrows in disbelief.

"No, we're not. It was a one-night stand and I already told you I was drunk and I'm sorry," I sigh, rubbing the back of my neck.