Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A day she went on a walk with her best friend Willy. It was evening. They were tired and weakened after a long day in school. The cold wind was iced and bit in their cheeks and the sky was dark and looked mystical. They crossed the street and went on to a different road, they had never tried before. And then they noticed a dissimilar house. The ground was overgrown with weeds that had spread their roots over the building and there smelled grumpy and humidity. The thin naked branches swayed in the gusts of wind that hit the garden.

"Who lives here?", Willy asked, trying to climb over the overgrown fence that framed the garden. There was a mixture of fear and courage in his deep blue eyes. The question hung unreplied/unanswered in the frosty air.

The children decided to climb over the fence and found their way up to the house. Willy led the way with Ivy walking at his heels. She was a more watchful girl and noticed every mystical flower that stared at her in the garden.

On their way to the house, they suddenly heard a strange sound that came from the house. It was as if the many flowers in the big overgrown garden had pulled all the air out of Ivy.

Willy stopped. The certain courage in his eyes evaporated abruptly and he took a step back. It was the sound of ringing bells... The sound came closer and out of the stale wooden door appeared a little creature that wasn't so much bigger than a stool. The sound came from the bells that were secured to his belt. He wore a red-write-striped suit that covered his lumpy body. His head was like a pressed, wrinkled ruddy ball that was secured to his body. The small eyes that were looking out of small cracks in his scarred face, sent a signal of fear.

"Follow me", he grunted and added. "I need your help". Willy was curious. He had never seen a creature like this before and took a step towards the door but Ivy gripped his arm modesty. "I don't know", she whispered quietly as only she could hear her scared voice.

"The dwarf needs our help", Willy answered and didn't understand Ivy's reluctance. "Yeah, but it could be dangerous", she said. Willy took his arm to himself and looked at her for a moment before they decided to follow the dwarf and enter the house.

Ivy sensed fear over the abandoned house and realized the anxiety that filled her. She didn't feel very brave in once only cell and was afraid of the darkness.

There was a grumpy smell inside. The smell of a house that hasn't been cared for and abandoned for a long time. The dwarf led the way. The only thing that didn't make the children lost were the bells that rang in the dark full house.

"Where are we going?", Willy asked. The brightness from the garden was about to disappear further they went into the house.

In that next second, a strange creaking sound filled the room. The floor under Ivy's feet couldn't bear wearing her longer and she fell. Everything about her became pitch-dark.