Chapter 4

Chapter 4

The next morning they woke to a destroyed tent. They had slept in ruins and felt weary and drained. They stepped out of the tent and in the brightening rays from the morning sun they spotted something. Traces from spikes drawn a long stripe in the cracky ground. There was no doubt, the monster had been over.

"We have to go", the dwarf said apathetically without turning a hair and began packing up. After a few minutes, they were off again. Hurrying.

Yesterday's mildness was over and they knew they had to hurry up and arrive before the monster did. Ivy missed that special feeling she had had in yesterday's evening. She felt special and comfortable. There was a strange peace over that night.

"Arghh!", she turned back from her thoughts to the sight of the dwarf lying on the ground. The monster had twisted its roots around it and the characteristic spikes were stabbing him and rifted fleshy cuts in his face.

"Nooo!", Ivy cried scaredly. The monster hurled its arms in big circles like an eight-armed octopus, trying to hit Ivy. She frightened towards the carnivorous monster.

"Ivy, it's okay", the dwarf said. "Find the curative water and the mystical flower", he whispered, gasping after the air meanwhile the roots were stabbing him. "Save ... your ... brother!"

"I can't!", she cried. "I can't leave you!", gasping after air the dwarf whispered painfully "go ahead Ivy'', he whispered, pressed the last words over his lips before he closed his eyes and tumbled down. Landed on the cracked ground. "Nooo!", she yelled.

*

"Ivy", a trembling voice sounded from the sky and the grey clouds formed a creature that nearly looked like the dwarf. "Dwarf! Is it you?", she whispered surprisingly. "Go ahead Ivy, I will lead your way", it said. "Amm .. dwarf", faded her voice in the dark evening.

And suddenly that creature the clouds had formed in the sky became disappearing...