Chapter 5

Chapter 5

The sparkling river cut through the luxuriant landscape. She found a hollowed-out bough and filled it with the crystal clear water. The water was icy against her hands but the bough was perfect to carry the water in, she thought holding her hands around the ends so the water couldn't trickle out. The bough was uncertain, and doubtfully she carried the water.

She noticed the beautiful flowers around her that tremendously covered the ground, at that second, she picked them up and breathed in the sweet scent of aromatic and detergent. The trees that framed the river stepped aside and behind the branches, she could see the whole country. A forest, full of living with trees and small creatures walking around as if it was an ordinary day in their lives. A crowd of beings, trees, and creaturese as the little dwarf were swarming around.

It was like watching a living fairytale.

At the sound of a branch cracking under her shoes, the crowd of voices and creatures stopped and turned their small heads, spotting the little girl standing behind the branches carrying a bough with water and a bunch of flowers.

"She arrived!", a little voice sounded from the crowd of beings and a chorus of happy voices began shouting. It was like a world that had been isolated, Ivy had opened the lid on. A people that had been afraid of the omnivorous eight-armed monster were now shouting relieved.

"Royal Highness, your sister has arrived", Ivy's brother was the king of a hidden world, and she was the princess. "Hi Ivy", whispered a throaty deep voice nearby. Ivy emerged from the branches at the sight of her brother. He was a dryad attached to his tree. The crowd of beings had formed a path for Ivy and she stepped down in the valley, carrying the water in her arms.

Her brother lay crumpled towards his tree. He looked sick and pale. "Here," she whispered and knelt down. She had never seen a dryad before and placed her hands carefully around the little green face.

"I have brought you some water from the river and picked a bunch of flowers", she said calmly.

The eyes in the little weak face opened slowly and a pair of hazel-brown colored eyes appeared in the light, looking at her. Ivy put the flowers towards the water, and formed her hand to a bowl, and stuck it in the icy water.

At the sip of the crystal clear water in her hand, the water from the river mixed with the flowers, the brother began getting colored in his face and the tree's leaves over him began getting green. Around them began the people: dryads, dwarves, trolls, and trees sprouting with life. Ivy had saved a whole kingdom and a whole nation. But best of all she had saved her brother she a while ago didn't know existed.

Life sometimes takes sudden turns, and Ivy knew for sure she had experienced one of them.