Ch. 1- Stormy Beginnings

Dream counter attacked an attempt of a sword slash to his face, or rather, his helmet. With quick feet he danced around his opponent, twirling their blade with his, until one of the weapons fell to the marble floor with a clang, and Dream declared himself victorious.

His competitor scowled as he threw his helmet to join his sword on the stone ground, and began to saunter away.

"Ah come on now Sapnap, don't make it so easy next time." Dream said with a chuckle.

Sapnap whipped his head towards Dream, his raven hair flying through the air as it landed on the other side of his face. With his wicked dark brown eyes and an evil smirk he replied, "What makes you so sure there will be a next time Dreamy-poo?"

Dream shook his head towards the ground with a slight laugh. He knew Sapnap loved to tease him with his pet names, but he also knew he could always tease him back.

"Because my dear Sappy-Nappy,....." Sapnap rolled his eyes and flicked his tongue, and with a smile Dream continued. "Because you'd be lost without me. After all, what would you do in this drafty old castle with all your free time?" Dream questioned.

"Probably find a way to keep crusty old plebs like you away from me" Sapnap retorted.

Dream hunched over with a wheeze, which only threw Sapnap into a laughing fit of his own. When he regained composure he looked up only to see Dream looking down at him with a sly smile. "Oh Sap, if only you were that lucky." Dream shook his hand gently through Sapnap's hair, ruffling his wavy locks into a proper tousled state.

"Dammit Dream, I swear to god if you weren't so tall I'd dropkick your helmet right off that pretty face of yours."

Dream smiled to himself as he went to retire his blade to the nearby wrack of weapons, and when he returned to face Sapnap, he cleared his throat, revealing his deep but gentle voice as he said, "Don't worry my friend, let me oblige."

With what seemed zero effort, Dream whipped his helmet off his head, shaking and flaunting his wavy golden hair, as he cleared the sweat off his forehead that accumulated while fencing. He lowered his deep emerald eyes towards Sapnap's now amused expression, and with a wicked, but at the same time, warm and genuine smile, he locked eyes with his foe, and sunk his helmet onto Sap's head, which threw him unsteady as Dream walked away laughing to himself.

"Uh huh, I'll getcha next time you big headed green boy" Sapnap continued inaudibly cursing, which just gave Dream even more satisfaction.

"It'll be my honor, your highness." Dream replied as he threw the doors open, exiting the combat room, and prancing out into the empty halls.

Dream turned a corner, past the kitchen halls, while snagging himself a fresh loaf of bread and an apple in the process, and turned to make his way back to his bedroom.

Upon arriving at his quarters, he walked straight to his balcony, taking in the marvelous sun lowering itself on the horizon, every color possible stretched across like a master canvas. The sun, falling to be overlooked by the mystical gardens and the ocea- the ocean, how it beckoned him to join their ever-growing currents, their deep and majestic blue flashes of color, just to be doused in the free flowing water once again. Dream longed to be as free as the waves were, ever changing, without a care in the world, just knowing they are where they're meant to be.