Ch. 4- You're so Golden

George half carried, half dragged an unconscious Dream through the winding, mystical paths, back to his mushroom house.

It was getting late, he decided. Therefore the best possible way he could help the mystery man, was to give him refuge in his own home.

"Marvelous idea, George," The King thought to himself, with just a hint of sarcasm. After all it wasn't every day he would rescue and take in a complete stranger, but there was just something special about this one.

George shook his head and dismissed any thought going beyond claiming he was just looking after his people, and caring for those in need.

He arrived at his cottage, where he kicked open the door, and dragged his newfound companion to the nearest cotton sofa, in which after he was assured he had made him comfortable, he grabbed a knitted quilt out of the closet and draped it over the green man.

It was only then did he really take the stranger in.

As he rested the quilt up to Dream's neck, George's fingers softly brushed past his cold, chiseled jawline, which caused George to lose focus of smoothing the blanket and immediately drew his eyes to the sleeping man's face.

He looked upon his tan complexion, rosy cheeks, engulfed with freckles, and raised his eyes to the man's ever so soft expression.

His intricate features looked rugged and earthy at the same time, and his soft resting smile caused George's heart to have the smallest increase in pace.

George looked up to Dream's wavy locks, its wispy ends just barely tickling the stranger's closed eyes. As George gazed upon it, more and more it reminded him of the golden sand he would see near his flower field, overlooking the ocean.

Now that he thought about it, George realized as he looked upon Dream's face, he began to feel that same peace in his flower field, just feeling... at home.

George inched closer, taking in the man, wanting to feel his silky-smooth, carefree hair, but decided gazing would have to do. All of a sudden a breeze blew through an open window, effortlessly blowing the sleeping man's pastel hair up against his face.

George looked back at Dream with worry, as he hoped not to wake him, he looked so peaceful. Dream didn't move an inch, his hair simply becoming one with the wind and flowing in its wispy state. George leaned closer, as he suddenly sensed the aroma of something so familiar.

The King recognized that misty smell of the salty seaside, mixed with the wonderful fragrance of the wildflowers. George gazed at Dream with wonder, causing the first genuine smile to appear on his lips for the first time in a long while.

The moment was interrupted by a sudden burst through the doorway, as a bubbly man carrying scrolls and books hurried in.

George's attention was quickly averted from Dream, and onto the curious new individual, who seemed to be bursting with news.

"George! I have urgent plans to discuss, Puffy told me you'd be here."

George quickly composed himself, taking one last look at Dream before returning to his friend. "Well yes Karl, I do after all live here." George said with a playful scoff.

"Yes of course, well, she sent me to collect the mushrooms you hopefully were able to procure..?" Karl looked at George with a hopeful smile, to which George replied with a smile of his own, pointing to the large basket on the floor.