Ch. 5- Coming Home?

"So... Dream," George said, as he walked with his new friend down the cobblestone, vine-encrusted path.

Dream looked down at the top of George's brunette head, still pretty shaken up, partly because he didn't know what to do with the new information he just overheard, and the fact that he was still in a messy predicament, and also because he simply didn't know what to think of George.

Deep down, George was thinking that same thing, but he just shoved it far away, out of sight out of mind, he kept telling himself.

Although it does get tricky to keep something out of sight when you're constantly staring at it.

George refocused on the path ahead, trying to hide his tenuous rosy cheeks. Dream smirked at him, then turned his head back to the road as well.

"Where are you taking me your Majesty?" Dream asked with a teasing smile.

George shook his head with a sigh, then a second later, catapulted his head up to face Dream, his shiny hair following his movement.

"Alright then, you know enough about me, my position, my plans, tell me about you. I want to know." George's inquisitive eyes burned through Dream, and they only stung a little because Dream knew he could tell him anything but the truth.

"I uh.. I'm nothing much, just wandered in the forest a little too deep I suppose."

"And those knights chasing you.. nothing?" George retorted.

"Now that's an interesting story.." Dream went to step over a large fallen branch in the middle of the trail "..One that will have to wait for another time." He said with a shiny grin, offering his hand to George in assistance for avoiding the wooden obstacle.

George smiled curiously, taking Dream's hand and overcoming the tree with ease.

"I'm more interested in exactly what we're looking for out here." Dream said, shooting a hopeful look at George for an answer.

"Now I let you come with me, if you won't answer my questions, I don't see the need to answer yours." The King replied with a mischievous smile.

"So that's the way it is huh?" Dream remarked, flicking his lower lip with an annoyed chuckle.

George quickly averted his attention away from Dream, as his mind seemed to be starting its own inner war, his new thoughts and feelings attacking his very being. George masked his emotion with a light-hearted laugh. He regained his composure and returned to Dream, his auburn eyes glistening in the fresh earthy air. He looked upon Dream's face for a moment before speaking, Dream exchanging the glance.

"We're collecting resources for the war. We need to protect the kingdom and its residents from the Logstedshire attacks."

Dream's mind raced, his thoughts trying to process themselves. He immediately decided George was talking about his own country's battle strategies, as King Halo rarely talked of destroying an entire nation, however, he never told Dream of the wonders of the land, he only made it out to seem a desolate dark kingdom with evil lurking everywhere.

Dream hadn't seen much, but from simply walking through the trees with the very ruler of the land by his side, he decided the kingdom was anything but evil. But then why would His King lie? The thoughts burdened Dream's heart and mind, as he searched for an answer. After what seemed like the longest inner struggle, but in reality only a few seconds, Dream chose to stick with what he knew, after all he was raised by the man his whole life, why would he lead him astray?

George sensed Dream's tension, and abandoned his search for the special herbs and plants, as he turned to face the tall individual. "What's troubling you?" He asked, his eyes searching Dream's.