Chapter 13

Kris's POV.

I stood in the kitchen, chopping up some vegetables for dinner. I didn't cook much because I am so busy some days. But whenever I get the chance and the spare time, I love cooking meals for my family.

Behind me, I heard Kim say, "I can't believe how much North loves her... it's so cute!"

I looked outside and saw Kamryn sitting on the patio chair with North playing in her lap. They were both laughing. A smile grew on my face.... that is my daughter out there.

"So, where did you find this girl, mom?" Kim asked nosily.

I turned around, facing her. "I told you Kim, everyone will find out soon enough. Dinner is almost done. All we are waiting for Kourtney, Scott, and Rob."

"Robert is coming?" She sounded surprised.

"Yes." I stated. "Tonight is a big deal." I gulped.

Kim finally dropped the topic that I clearly wasn't giving any details on. I am a nervous wreck...I can't imagine what Kamryn is feeling.

My past has haunted me for 16 years now...I don't know how the family will take it. I especially don't know how Bruce will take it. For all I know, I could lose him. I am admitting to an affair I had while married to him, after all.

"Mom... Earth to Kris?" I heard someone say.

I turned around and Kim was looking at me strangely. "You seem distracted. What's up?"

I shook my head and said, "It's nothing... I am just really stressed with work and everything else... I am a momager, what did I expect?" I laughed.

"Hello!" Kourtney's voice echoed from the front door. I heard the door close.

"In the kitchen!" I yelled back.

I heard little feet running down the hallway and I put down the spatula and watched for them to run around the corner. "Masey!!" I yelled.

Mason ran and hugged me, and then Penelope waddled in the room. "Hey P! You look so cute!"

P was a sweetheart, but nothing like her mom. She was shy most of the time and didn't like being around alot of strangers. After North's reaction to Kamryn, I wandered how P and Mason would react.

Kourtney entered next carrying a baby bag along with a diaper bag. I said, "Hey Kourt." Soon after followed Scott, carrying Reign, their newborn, in the baby carrier.

"Aw, Reign..." I bent down.

"Leave him alone right now, he just fell alseep." Kourt warned.

I leaned back. "Oh, okay..." I sighed.

"Woah, who is that?" Scott said, pointing out the patio doors.

Everyone's eyes turned in the direction of Kamryn, with North by the pool. Kourtney and Scott looked confused, and just as Kourtney began to say something, Rob entered the room.

"Oh, isn't she adorable! She is my new babysitter." Kim began...

"Uh..Kim.." I stuttered but it was no use.

"You hired a sitter?" Kourtney asked as she sat down the table.

Scott said, "How old is she anyway?"

"She's hot." Rob laughed.

"Robert!" I said, smacking his arm. "Don't say that... she is 16." Just imagining what was going through Rob's mind right now as he looked at her in a skin tight white tank top and snug yoga pants made me sick at my stomach... If only he knew that she is his sister.

"Sixteen or not, she's hot." Rob laughed as he walked into the other room to annoy Kylie as usual. They have always had a close bond- Kendall, Kylie and Rob- I think it's because they are all the youngest in the family.

"Ugh." I groaned at Rob's comment.

"He's got a point." Scott laughed. "Anyway, where'd she come from?"

"I thought she was Kendall at first to be honest... they could be twins." Kourtney said. "What's the deal, mom?"

"That is why I called you all over here." I said calmly. "Dinner is ready, will someone go get Kendall and Khloe and we can get started?" I asked nicely.

Scott looked at Kourtney as if she should go get them. She laughed and said, "Me? I just had a baby... I think not."

Scott's head fell back and he groaned as he exited the room, "What did I get myself in to marrying into this family of women..."

Rob and Kylie came back into the room and saw everyone was looking at Kamryn with North. She rolled her eyes and walked past me to the fridge. Teenagers...

Soon Khloe, Kendall, and Scott walked back in, making some inappropriate joke as usual. Bruce skipped in the kitchen with his latest toy helicopter. "Honey, this thing is awesome... best birthday present ever. Besides that motorcycle that year.." He laughed.

The room got quiet and I realized everyone was here finally. I looked around the room and Bruce, Rob, Kendall, Kylie, Khloe, Kim, Scott, and Kourtney were all gazing out the glass door... looking at Kamryn. Everyone was so confused, I could tell.

"Honey...?" Bruce began but I cut him off. I couldn't deal with him right now.

"Oh! Look at P!" I cooed.

Everyone looked down at the floor at Penelope, who was kissing Reign's little cheek. For a baby who rarely shows emotion let alone affection, it was a big deal. Everyone got out their phones and cameras and snapped a picture. I have no doubt atleast 4 of my children would have pictures posted on social media about it.

As everyone cooed and laughed at Penelope and her little brother showing affection, I heard the door close.

Every person in the room looked up.

Kamryn stood at the door, with North happy and content in her arms. All nine people in the room looked at her confused, bewildered, and curious.

"Hello." She said.