Chapter 24

Khloe and Kendall, or "Kenny" as Khloe referred to her as, slowly released me from the giant bear hug I was engulfed in. But honestly, I didn't mind it at all.

Kris walked in the room frantically and the cameras followed her. "Has anyone seen my keys??" She stressed as she pulled out drawers and anything she could get her hands on.
She looked up and everyone just stared at her. "Anyone? Why are you just standing there?!"

Khloe laughed, "Mom! Calm down and stop being a freak. Call a car."

"Khloe, no one asked for your smart comments...I totally forgot I had a meeting today and I am late! I am never f*cking late!!" She yelled and she slammed a drawer shut.

Meanwhile, the camera was filming every moment of this rant of hers. I have seen her go ballistic on television, but never in person...

All the sudden she found her keys lying in a corner of the counter and sprinted out of the room, the camera crew racing after her, following the action.

After she was gone, I said, "Wow..."

Kendall said, "This is just the beginning - you've only been here two days. It looks like a picture perfect family to you now, but it's not..." She trailed off.

"No family is." I grinned. "I don't expect to have a perfect life here. I don't want a perfect life. Everyone needs a little imperfection." I sighed, resting back on the counter.

Khloe looked at Kendall, and Kendall at Khloe. I watched as they exchanged shocked expressions and then Khloe spoke up, "Wow. You are like..so much more mature than any of us were at 16! You are just the whole package!" She laughed.

"Hey, do you want to come to lunch with us before my flight leaves?" Kendall offered, and I certainly wasn't going to turn that down.

"Totally!" I smiled. "What time?"

"The restaurant is about an hour away so we will leave in about 15 minutes." She said.

I nodded. "Okay. Do I need to dress up or what?"

They both started laughing but I was serious. Khloe said, "Kamryn, we may be a glamorous family at times, but going to lunch isn't a big deal. Jeans are fine. We are more normal than you may think." She smiled and I breathed.

That was comforting. Maybe I actually have a shot at fitting in here.

"Okay, I'm gonna call a few people and see if they wanna come..." Kendall said and exited the room.

After she left, Khloe and I were left in silence. There really wasn't anything to talk about. All the sudden she spoke up and said enthusiastically, "Hey! Have you ever been to Vegas?"

I laughed, "No...I haven't."

"Oh. My. God." She said and took a long pause. "I have the best idea ever."

"Oh no." I laughed. "And....?"

"I am going to make a few calls and I will get back to you..." She gave me a mischievous grin and ran out of the room dialing a phone number.

Here I was left alone again. So, I took it upon myself to entertain myself.

I opened the patio sliding door and walked out into the scorching sun. I walked over to the pool and sat down on the side, dipping my feet in.

I kicked my feet in the cool, crystal clear water and all the sudden I felt someone's hands on my shoulders and a loud yell, "BOO!"

I screamed at the top of my lungs and my heart stopped. All the sudden, Scott peeked his head around and a sneaky grin was plastered on his face. He took a seat beside me.