Chapter 18

North in my arms, Penelope by my side, and Mason laughing at every joke I told... and the whole room sat amazed at my way with kids.

"It's so cute, right?" Kim gushed to everyone and they all agreed with a nod.

All the sudden Kris came back in the room. The smeared mascara on her face was still very noticeable and her posture was slumped over. She just didn't care.

"Hey mom, are you okay? How's Bruce?" Kourtney asked concerned.

"Me?" She laughed at herself. "How do I look? And Bruce left."

"Dad left?" Kylie sat up, suddenly interested. "What do you mean he left?"

"He went to stay at a friend's house down the road. He said he needed time to think things through." She said blankly, obviously trying to hold back all sorts of emotions.

"He'll come around... I mean, we already have, and that says something..." Kourtney said.

I noticed Khloè tensed up when she said that.

"When is he coming back?" Kendall asked.

"That's a good question, Kendall..." Kris sighed. "I wish I knew."

The whole room became quiet. Everyone looked at each other, thinking the same thing. If Bruce doesn't come around, that can only lead to one thing.... divorce.

I felt my heart start to beat at a faster pace. My palms were sweaty. All the sudden I stood up abruptly and said, "I.. I need to be excused..." I stuttered before I ran out of the room.

Once I got to the top of the stairs, I saw Kris run from the hallway after me, prompting me to keep going to my bedroom. I ran into the room and slammed the door shut, locking it.

I could finally breath.

All the sudden Kris reached the door, yelling. "Kamryn! What's wrong? Talk to me!"

"No." My muffled voice could barely be heard due to the fact that my face was now buried in my arms as I sat on the floor next to the door.

"Why not? You can talk to me. I am here for you."

"I can't." I said.

A long pause occurred and then Kris said, "Please?"

The way she said Please made me realize that she actually did care, and she was there for me. So I opened the door and let her in.

She sat down on the floor beside me and pulled her knees up to her chest, like I had mine. "Tell me what is wrong, please... Kamryn."

I looked over at her with tears forming in my eyes. "Mom."

Kris sucked in a deep breath when she heard me say that. "You don't know how long I have waited to hear you say that." She said as she began to cry as well.

She leaned over and embraced me as I cried. "You have no idea what I've been through... Once I start crying over something all these horrible memories flood back to my mind and I can't stop crying....." I said as I tried to catch my breath as I cried.

"I may not know everything yet, but guess what?" She looked down at me compassionately.

"What?" I whimpered.

"You aren't facing this alone anymore."

-------------------------------------
A/N:

OMG sorry it took me so long to update!!! But guess what! I GOT A CHEVY MALIBU FOR MY FIRST CAR! AH!

And also... THAT IS ME IN THE PICTURE AT THE BEGINNING OF THIS CHAPTER! SO CHECK IT OUT!!!!!

Follow me on instagram! @mikayla.lovin