005

We got Clay to agree to shot gunning our beers together because it was the only drink he was gonna have all night and we wanted it to be fun. We decided that outside would be the best place to do it. I'm almost having second thoughts as we push our way out to the backyard. The effects of the white claw and the shot I took earlier are already becoming apparent. Damn, it really has been a while since I drank last.

Liquid courage starting to run through me I stop to ask Kyle if he had a key or something to stab the cans with. He presents to me a tool specifically made for shot gunning beer. Oh my god I didn't think he could get any frattier.

"Here let me do it for you," he offers while going for my can but I turn my body away from him. I can see Clays body instinctively flinch forward, I try to communicate to him that it's alright.

"No thank but I got it, no one touches my drink but me." He hands me the tool and I tilt the can on its side so that it doesn't spray everywhere when it gets stabbed. I jam the tool into the can and make a decent hole for myself. Ew.

Clay and Nick stab their cans as well and before we start Kyle decides he wants to join in with us. He stabs his own beer and we stand in almost a circle. "I totally bet that I'm gonna finish first." He states matter of factly, I bring the can away from my lips and stare at him. Oh these boys do NOT know who they're dealing with here. I have a frat boy persona for a reason, it wasn't a choice. I didn't choose the frat boy life, the frat boy life chose me.

"Alright bitch, we shall see about that. Let's do it!" And with that we all bring our respective cans to our mouths and crack them open. My stomach was already feeling weird from the first drink I chugged less than half an hour ago, so this was a bit more difficult than normal. But I operate on pure spite, I push aside the nausea and stomach pain and chug nearly as fast as I did earlier. I can feel the can getting lighter and I'm almost at the last drop. I finish my beer and crush it in my hands just as Kyle does the same.

"Damn, a tie." I say mostly to myself as I watch Clay and Nick finish theirs, Clay was finished a few seconds after Nick.

Kyle turns to face me with a giant smile on his face, "Shit dude, what's your name again? Y/n right, yeah that was so cool! I've never had a rival before." He daps me up and it takes everything in me not to burst out laughing. Every time I think we've hit peak bro, I am proved wrong.

He turns back to Clay, "You've got a keeper here guys, I might have to steal her from you." He shoots me a wink and I have to look away or I will laugh in this mans face. He's really pushing me to my boundaries. And that would just be rude, I'll hold off on that until later.

Clay clears his throat and crosses his arms, "Yeah? You can have her, she's getting kinda annoying."

Before I can even think the words are coming out of my mouth, "What the fuck?" He quickly melts into a smile and holds his hands up in defense.

"I'm kidding I'm kidding! I would never abandon a child of mine," I turn away from him and start heading back inside. "Hey wait ! One of the rules is that we have to stay together." He follows behind and grabs Nick in the process. "No one ever listens to the rules."

I throw my can into a nearly full trash can that set next to the sliding door. When I step inside the cool air of the ac starts to soothe my warming skin. I start to feel my head get lighter and I stumble for a moment.

"You good there bro?" Nick asks from behind Clay who is trying to suppress a laugh of his own.

I turn to him and and flip him off with one hand, the other propping myself up on the counter. "Yeah of course I'm good bro. You good? I don't even feel it yet."