CHAPTER 17

"Luce."

Lucy's heart shaken when her husband called out her nickname in a soft tone. She can see his both onyx eyes show concern, love, and desperately wants to embrace her so bad. Lucy look away slightly, she doesn't know what to do, there's no turning back again to avoid the fire dragon king slayer now. He would follow her anywhere.

"Luce, I miss you."

The blonde felt her eyes burn again because of the tears, she misses him too. Even they were not in a good situation since yesterday, but they both felt the same way that they feel really empty without each other around.

"I will wait you here, okay? And if you want to sleep at the guild, I'll gladly to accompany you, Lucy."

After that, Natsu rest his back to the wall and cross his arms, Lucy look at him disbelieve, she even didn't think to sleep here, she actually wanted to make up with Natsu but she was confused, don't know what to do. Obviously it's her fault from the beginning that she started to avoid the salmon hair, it was so childish, she thoughts.

"N-Natsu."

Natsu lift his head to see her, Lucy cover her face with her bangs as she continues. "I-I'm sorry I avoided you all day... I know I always ended up by apologizing but I don't know what to do, it's just... I cannot forgive myself."

"You cannot forgive yourself? About what, Luce? What actually you had done until you kept blaming yourself?"

Lucy was taken back when Natsu suddenly attack her with those questions. "Everything. When Lisanna said yesterday, all of them are true. I'm a horrible person."

"And that goes for me too, Luce. You know every human made mistakes, and we have to face it together, not by blaming ourselves."

Lucy felt her body shaken when the fire dragon king slayer stood up, getting close to her. "Do you think loving me with all of your heart was a mistake from the beginning? How could that be possible wrong when you were trying so hard to hide the death fated from me so I will be safe, Luce?"

"No one didn't expect yesterday to happen when Lisanna confessed, I personally think she just wanted those all pressure underneath her all this time to let it out, and I on the other hand cannot simply what to do, because I know deep down you feel dilemma because of this, Lucy. I always love you, you know that."

"N-Natsu..." Lucy mutters, as she started to sobs. She really hates it being like this, but she cannot help it because it's too much for her to handle, but she was not alone, Natsu shared his heart too.

"You know this heart belonged to, and it only belonged to one person, Lucy Heartfilia."

Natsu couldn't take it anymore as he walks to her for an embrace, but before it happens, his eyes open wide in horror when the blonde loses her balance and about to fall off from the balcony.

Lucy herself was in state of shocked. "Nat—"