CHAPTER 31

It's been a week straight that Gray, Storm, and Nashi on a journey looking for the fire dragon king slayer.

At first, Gray wanted to tell the two children to remain at the city to stay there until he found Natsu, but seeing determine in Nashi's eyes that she wanted to keep goes on, Gray couldn't bring himself to decline.

The little pinkette is stronger now, not the same like when she was five years old back then.

Moreover, her friends who stood there by her side, especially Storm. His son my not notice but Gray and Juvia know him well that Storm really cares about Nashi rather than the others does.

"Storm, Nashi, the next stop is in a deep forest name Otani. Stood close to me because there are many unknown wizards wandering off around there." Gray reminded as the three are riding a horse carriage.

They both nod in response, it's almost evening and they have to find a place for camp as always. When they already arrive, the horse carriage left the three and Gray took the lead at front to entered the forest.

Gray brought his hands to hold Nashi's left hand, while Storm was behind her, steadied his pose if something came around to attack them. Their steps are careful yet in a hurry, because the last time they got information about Natsu's whereabouts is in Otani.

Some of the people saw him couple of times with long spiky salmon hair, red scarf, and a really long black cape hoodie. Nashi trying to sniff around, with her smelling ability but may not work yet like her father has but she could sometimes catch a glimpse.

"Sense something, Pinky?" asked Storm in a whisper.

Nashi shook her head, "I don't really know how to figure this out but I heard a smoke?"

"Smoke?" Gray muttered.

Then it surprised the three of them when something is coming through their way, Nashi spots there was like a huge marble ball falling from the sky. "Ah! There—"

She couldn't finish because the thing was already made contact with the ground, causing smoke like explosion occurred. "Storm! Nashi! Stay back!" Gray yelled, using his ice make to half freeze the smoke.

"What is this?! Smoke bomb?!" Storm stated while pulling Nashi over so she was behind him.

"Let's fall back first!" Gray yelled while gazing his eyes everywhere in case a bomb came attack them again.

"The rumors are true, there might be many unknown wizards wandering off around here fighting..." Gray muttered then he caught a bomb this time coming from the left.

"Right there!" the ice mage yelled as caught the bomb in his hands.

Storm brought himself and Nashi back away a bit to let Gray attacks back. "Show yourself!"