CHAPTER 23

The Ninja Warrior game was difficult than the way it was expected. Some of the team had already fallen because they failed to get through one of those obstacles and other challenging attractions to get its way to the finish line.

All it was left are: Luminous Sun, Fairy Tail A and B, Sabertooth, Mermaid Heel, and Blue Pegasus. Lucy was struggling also at the back, "Lucy! You alright over there?!" yelled Juvia on the other side.

The water mage already jumped off the cliff by her own and Lucy still couldn't do it, she can easily summon one of the celestial spirits for help but Lucy already settled that she will get through this without her celestial friends. "I'm fine Juvia! Just go on ahead! I'll catch up!"

Juvia was not sure at first but she nods her head and run forward, believe in her blonde friend that she would be alright. Lucy take a deep breath, "Alright, you can do this Lucy. It's just a short meter cliff, you can do it."

Then Lucy steadied herself, she backs away and ready her feet. In a count on three, she runs as fast as she can and release her body on the air to jump, Lucy felt her body flying, when she was near, Lucy lay her one foot on the ground.

She sighs in relief, but yelps next when she lost her balance.

"I gotcha." Lucy open her eyes when she felt someone pulled her back, she stiffens a little when Natsu was the one who caught her. The salmon hair still grip her hands and Lucy look away, "You can let me go now."

"Oh, uh right." Natsu replies, feeling awkward.

Lucy had no idea that the fire dragon king slayer was behind her all the time to take a watch over her, the reason why he joined again in this match because he wanted to make sure that Lucy is alright.

If there is Lucy, and so there is Natsu.

"Want to go to the finish line together?" asked Natsu carefully.

"No, were opponents. Remember that, Natsu." Lucy replies and she walked off ahead. Natsu just sighs and walk behind her closely.

'How could he... At a time like this, always made me uneasy all over again.'

Natsu raises his eyebrows.

'I bet if I was Rachel, Natsu would caught her again like he did.'

Natsu smiles a little.

'Or even worse... He would kiss her again?! LIKE HECK I WILL NOT ALLOW THAT TO HAPPEN! EVEN IF IT'S—"

Lucy's eyes widen when her face was suddenly pulled to the side, as she felt her husband's warm lips against hers. Natsu smirks when Lucy shivers, he pulled her waist so she was getting closer to him to deepen the kiss. Good thing the lacrima camera was not here so the crowds wouldn't see what they were doing right now.