Chapter Twenty-Two:I'd Never Leave You (the end)

I really don't want to end this book but it's here and I feel like crying,I'm attached and I can't let go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the prayer everyone started passing the food around and eating.Once everyone was settled conversations started,followed by laughter,disagreements,and sarcastic retorts.

Derek and Stiles stood quiet the whole time.Derek could feel his heart racing as he thought of ways to say what he needed to say.Stiles was waiting for Derek to speak,butterflies in his stomach.

"Jesus boy,your heart is racing like a puma."Derek's grandfather from his mother's side spoke up.

Derek looked up startled now all the attention on him,"I.."

Derek was lost at words,his face turned red from embarrassment.He bit his lip without speaking while his grandfather watched him expectantly.

"Dad leave him be."Talia looked her father in the eye practically challenging him.

"Well who can focus when all they hear is this poor boys heart almost about to explode."Her father sighed.

"Son,what's bugging you."David put down his fork and looked at Derek concerned.

Now or never,Derek thought to himself but he felt as if his throat went dry and he couldn't speak.

Stiles watched him intently practically willing him to tell his family.Just then Derek's phone started ringing and he sighed in relief.

"May I be excused?"Derek looked at his mother and she nodded.

He shot up from his chair and walked into the living room.He answered his phone with a swipe of his finger,he would have to thank who ever called him later.

"Hello?"Derek answered.

"Is Scott gonna be there because if not-"

"Yes,Isaac he'll be here now stop being a thirst and enjoy thanksgiving."Derek chuckled.

"I'm not being a thirst I just wanted to know."Isaac grumbled into the phone.

"Sure I'll text you when he gets here."Derek hummed and fiddled with his tie.

"you better or I'll-"

"cry into a pillow?"Derek chuckled.

"No motherfucker I'll murder you."Isaac growled earning another laugh from Derek.

"Thanks by the way."Derek smiled to himself.

"For what?"Isaac stopped growling.

"I'll tell you later."Derek whispered.

"No tell me no-"Derek hung up and stuffed his phone in his pocket again.

He walked back into the dining room and took his seat.Everyone had started conversations,and Derek started eating again.Stiles was laughing at a joke his granddad had made,Derek thought Stiles was a sly fucker he was getting the entire family to like him and it was working.

"Derek are you in basketball right now?"His uncle Joseph questioned gaining the attention of some.

"Yeah actually!The season just started."Derek smiled and took a drink of his soda.

"Your cousin Rachel's joining and she wanted tips."He nudged his head towards his fourteen year old daughter.

"Dad...."She whined under her breath.

"No that's good that you have questions,in all honesty stay on your team's good side or they'll make it a living hell."Derek grinned and she nodded.