Chapter Ten:Let's play some football

Yeeeeeeeeeeee thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because hella food that's why. Yasssssss I'm excited.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The crowd roared with life as the Beacon Hill's cyclones ran out into the field, Derek looked through the large stadium for his family. They were the only reason he was actually doing this, so if they weren't here then he shouldn't be either.He spotted them cheering and clapping, Stiles sat besides them grinning.

Derek felt his heart flutter, this is the first football game Stiles has ever been to and Derek wanted to make him proud. Stiles knows Derek hates football but he still supports him along the way.Stiles made eye contact with Derek and grinned,Derek felt his face glow and swiftly looked away.

The coach signaled the team to gather up,all the players rushed to one another's side.Stiles watched smitten,Derek looked so unhappy and yet his family didn't notice.Stiles felt his heart ache for his lover,why couldn't their lives be easy.

The ref blew his whistle and everyone sprinted gracefully to the middle of the field.Stiles watched Derek intensely,he was nervous,what if Derek got hurt,or worse exposed.Then the whole school would know about his whole lycanthropy situation and the Hales would have to leave town.

And Stiles indeed remembered to use the word lycanthropy because Derek found the word Wolfy extremely offensive for some reason.Stiles sighed and warmed his freezing fingers,his gloves helped barely,he felt numb on his finger tips.Stiles did recall telling Scott to meet him here but he seemed to be no where in sight,Stiles looked all around the stadium for his best friend,but Scott wasn't there.

Talia looked towards Stiles concerned and switched seats with Cora who had taken residence besides Stiles.Cora moved reluctantly and huffed at her elder.Talia sat down timidly,she studied Stiles carefully,looking at how his features twisted with discomfort and concern.

"Stiles,is something wrong?"Her eyes glowed with anxiety,she could hear Stiles' heart thumping loudly.

"No,no,i'm fine."He rested his chin on his hand and continued to stare at his mate.

The referee blew the whistle again and the game begun,the kickoff was graceful from the BHHS team,the receiving team caught easily but didn't make it far.Derek was the one to actually stop the receiver from getting any farther.

With a heavy tackle and winning on his mind,he took the rival team down easily.Derek stood up from the ground and his teammates bumped shoulders with him gleefully.Derek was smiling,even though he hated the all American sport,he loved to make his father proud.

It was first down and the LTHS Indians were starting their play,Derek could feel the sweat dripping off his face and the exhaustion from the game hit him.He gulped in two large breaths of air and glared at his opponent.The teen in front of him was larger,about fifty pounds bigger than him.Derek only scowled and readied himself.

The whistle blew and he pummeled his opponent to the ground,he was grunting and growlling but he did it.The Indians didn't make it to their destination.Derek side with relief and walked back to his position out of breath.

Second down and the Indians were pissed.Derek could see Stiles in the crowd practically biting his nails,but right below Stiles he could see scouts writing stuff down on clip boards,studying both teams.Derek felt his stomach grow in knots and he looked away,why this game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~*****~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*****~~~~~~~~~~

The game ended with the BHHS winning,19-10.Derek hurried out of the locker room smiling,his heart pumping with excitement.He spotted his family by his Camero his father talking eagerly with one of the scouts.Derek automatically felt his mood alter to annoyance,he didn't want to go to college for football nor would he ever.

Stiles glanced at him with excitement and worry,Derek's features seemed slump like he didn't care or was too tired,when just a minute ago he was smiling and highfiving his friends.Derek slowly made his way to his family dreading the conversation to come.

His father beamed at him and wrapped an arm around his shoulder.Derek couldn't help but feel awkward,they both looked at him expectantly.Derek felt his cheeks flush with red,and his palms clam up.

"Hi,i'm Derek Hale."He greeted the scout anxiously.

"Todd Summers,i'm a scout from UIC and I was wondering if you'd like to be apart of our summer program?"He smiled at Derek widely.

"Uhh..I mean...uhh...that's...wow...can I get time to think about it?"Derek felt his ears and neck heat up also.

"Of course!"Todd nodded and handed Derek his card. "When you make your decision just call."

Derek nodded and Todd walked away,his smile practically gone.He could hear his father sigh his arm still wrapped around Derek.

"Derek why would you do that?"Mr.Hale mumbled obviously annoyed."The UIC summer program is one of the best in the country."

Derek could feel the wave of his fathers disappointment smack him in the face.He should have just said yes,be excited like any of his other team mates.Derek looked down as more negative thoughts rushed through his mind.

"Well I propose we go to dinner."Talia cut off the awkward and unsettling silence.Derek nodded gratefully and got out of his father's hold.

"Okay,whose going with Derek?"David smiled at his children.

"I'll go!,"Laura chirped."And that means Stiles has to join me!"

"Don't you have a boyfriend?"Derek practically growled.

"I do!But Stiles is my friend,and us friends have to stick together."She smiled slyly at her brother.

"Then I'll go."Dustin winked at his baby brother and Derek glared at him harshly.

"Take Dmitri with you too."Talia squeezed her youngest sons shoulder and he smiled up at her.

Derek let out a quiet groan,"Fine."

Laura chuckled and skipped to Derek's car,Dmitri and Dustin walking happily behind her.Stiles and Derek glanced at each other for a second,Stiles rolled his eyes and slowly made his way towards the Camero.Derek looked back at his mom with pleading eyes but all she could do was mouth an apology,Derek grumbled under his breath and trudged to his car.

Laura,Dustin,and Dmitri all sat in the back only leaving the passenger side open for Stiles.Derek huffed acting annoyed,he stuffed his gym bag in his trunk and sat down behind the wheel.Stiles stood stiff besides him,only looking ahead.

Derek could hear Laura and Dustin laughing behind him,he felt his whole body quiver with aggravation.He only stared at the road not trying to comfort his 'guest' with music.If he was going to suffer so were they.