Chapter Eight:Hot chocolate makes everything okay

omgeeeee hi I'm bored and eating chocolate!!!!! how's life? how's school? tell me your life!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Derek laid restless in his bed, his stomach rumbled loudly, why didn't he the his plate with him from dinner. But it was all to late now, it's three in the morning and everyone should be asleep. Derek sat up and sighed, a late night snack wouldn't hurt.

He tipped toed to his door and quietly opened it so that he wouldn't wake his neighboring siblings. The wooden floor creeked under every one of his steps, he winced and slowly made it down the carpeted stairs. The kitchen light to his surprise was on and he wanted to retreat back into his room but curiosity got the best of him.

He slowly peeked into the kitchen and saw his mother over the stove, a sweet smell of chocolate made its way into Derek's noise, he was about to walk away when he saw her place two cups down.

"come Derek, I know you're there."She hummed quietly, her robe wrapped tightly around her body above her pajamas. Derek slowly walked into the kitchen unsure to what to expect. His mother poured hot chocolate into each of the cups and grabbed mini marshmallows and drop a couple in one cup.

"for some reason hot chocolate make everything better."She grabbed the two steaming cups and placed them on the table, she then opened the cabinet and pulled out a pack of thin mints. She placed them by the drinks and the two sat down.

"tell me what's eating at you, honey."She blew at her cup and gave Derek a sympathetic smile. Derek looked down at his cup and watch as the small marshmallows floated on the top of his drink. He sighed and looked up at his concerned mother.

"It's complicated."was all he mumbled quietly and looked back down.

"I'll keep up."She gripped her cup holding on to the warmth.

"You wouldn't understand,mom."Derek's voice trembled and he fiddled with his cup nervously. His mother sighed and opened the cookies. She took two out and handed one to Derek, he took it gratefully, scared if he talked anymore he would tell her about him and Stiles.

She took a bite out of her cookie watching her son intensely.

"You're inlove."She mumbled quietly and Derek felt himself tense, his face turning pale. She smiled and took a sip of her drink.

"have I ever told you the story of how I knew your father was my mate?"She asked and Derek shook his head no. "Well I was about your age, crazy I know, but we were assigned partners for a history project. At first I hated your father, he was a slacker, a goof, and never payed much attention in class.

but the longer we spent together, the more I warmed up to him. I got to know him better and he was actually really smart, and loved the same things I did, that's how I knew, but after we finished the assignment with a passing grade we stopped talking, and I got seriously ill. Peter had to talk to your father and convince him to come see me. I would have died If it wasn't for your uncle.

a couple years later we started dating, maybe when we were a freshmans in college. It was amazing just to be around him, after he asked to marry me and I said yes I told him I was a werewolf and he wanted to be turned, I refused at first but sooner or later I caved in and then we had you kids."Talia said with a fond smile and a glazed look in her eyes.

Derek never knew that, he didn't know he could get sick from being away from Stiles, or that his mom turned his father after he asked to marry her. It was all so odd to Derek the whole mate thing.

"Well I did find my mate."Derek mumbled. "but I'm not so comfortable saying who."

Talia nodded in understanding. Her son was nervous about mating and the process.

"do you want to tell me and i'll keep it between us and your mate, if they know."She pressed and Derek took a gulp of his chocolate.

"Just promise me you tell no one, and don't make it obvious."Derek nodded yes but stayed quiet. He gulped in air and looked his mother in her eye.

"It's Stiles."He mumbled.

Talia smiled, Derek looked at his mother surprised. She patted his hands and sipped some more on her drink.

"You're,you're not mad?"He whispered completely confused.

She shook her head no. Derek's cheeks warmed still confused.

"Honey, that's normal and it's okay, I'll be by your side no matter what."She smiled and Derek felt a heavy weight lift from his shoulders.

"Did this happen today?"She questioned and Derek's face brightened.

"uhh...actually our one year anniversary is next month."Derek grinned sheepishly and he saw his mother's surprised glare.

"And you two haven't told anyone?"She mumbled surprised.

"uhh Paige, Lydia, and Sarah knows."Derek's neck and ears turned a dark red and his mother shook her head and swiped another cookie.

"why'd you keep it from your family?,"She looked at her son hurt and Derek instantly felt bad.

"because all you guys ever do is tease me about the things I love."Derek took a gulp of his chocolate and his mother looked down. "remember that one time I wanted to join poetry club and Laura, Dustin, and Daniel made fun of me for about a month."

Talia nodded she remembered telling them to stop but they would quit.

"I'm sorry, Derek I'm really sorry you feel that way, honey but we'll never make fun of you because of your mate."Talia said gently and Derek sighed.

"please just keep this between the three of us, you can't tell dad either."Derek warned and talia sighed.

"okay, honey, why dont you get some sleep."She patted his had and he stood up.

"love you, mom."He grinned slightly.

"love you too, baby."She stood up and kissed his forehead gently.

Derek looked back at his mother before going up the stairs, she seemed content so he quickly made his way upstairs and slipped into his room quietly. He walked through the bathroom and into Stiles'.

Stiles was snoring lightly and drooling a little. Derek locked Stiles' door and climbed in Stiles' bed. He could feel the warmth underneath the blanket, he sighed and wrapped his arm around Stiles' waist.

Stiles' eyes fluttered open and he smiled tiredly, he kissed Derek's forehead and shut them again.

"what's wrong, babe?"Stiles slurred and Derek sighed.

"I told my mom about us."Derek mumbled and Stiles groaned quietly."She's okay with it."

Stiles opened his eyes again and smiled drowsy. Derek scooted closer to Stiles suddenly cold.

"That's good,I love you."Stiles hummed and Derek chuckled.

"Love you too."Derek closed his eyes.

"Hey get some rest, I know you've been uhh tired lately."Stiles mumbled and Derek nodded not sure if Stiles saw.

"Okay."Derek yawned.

they both quickly fell asleep.