Chapter Seventeen:Preparing,Planning, and stressing

Why does it have to be so cold where i live.It's so unnecessary,reason number one to why i want to move to L.A when i'm older.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stiles walked into the jewelry store his finger fidgeting,every once and a while he would pat on his pocket where is wallet rested.He watched as people chatted about their special  occasions and celebrations.Stiles sucked in a large breath and approached one of the clerks.

She smiled brightly at him and he smiled back nervously.Her blonde wavy hair flowed all the way to her shoulders and her hour glass figure hugged at her royale blue dress.Her blue eyes practically pierced through him and he fidgeted under her gaze.

"And how May I help you today?"she questioned leaning over the glass.

"I...heh...I'm looking for a...um a gift for my one year anniversary."He blushed his face turning a harsh red.

"Oh lovely!what a lucky lady."She grinned and Stiles frowned deeply.

"I..can I tell you a secret?"He whispered his neck turning blotchy with a blush.

"A...I mean...yeah."She seemed hesitant.

"Its not for my girlfriend,I don't have a girlfriend I have a boyfriend."Stiles murmured in a hushed tone.

She giggled,"your secret is safe with me."

"Thanks."Stiles breathed gratefully.

"So do you know what you want to get him?"She questioned.

"Well...I don't know something romantic."Stiles pleaded her with his eyes.

"We have lots of work to do.What's your budget?"She bit her lips thinking.

"Four hundred."He murmured embarrassed.

"I can work with that!"

~~

Talia sighed looking through her cook book nothing seemed right.She wanted to impress her family even more and not stress over it.She flipped through the dessert section stopping mid-flip when a chocolate moose cake caught her eye.

"Perfect."She breathed.

The cake had white chocolate roses on top of it with dark chocolate shavings.She looked over the recipe and smiled.This was going to be a piece of cake.(pun intended)

She scooped up her house keys and rushed to her car.She slipped into her car with a child like grin on her face.She knew making a cake was odd but She didn't want to make a pie this year.

The drive to the grocery store was short and the place was almost empty.She glided through the aisles gracefully grabbing her necessary ingredients.With every item her excitement grew more and more,she couldn't wait to show her family the cake she was going to bake.

~~

Derek fiddled with the box in his hands,it was a soft black box and inside of it laid Stiles's gift.He worried it wasn't the right gift for his mate and that Stiles would absolutely hate it.He sighed and tossed it on the passenger side of his car.

The schools parking lot was empty and Derek just stood there thinking.Maybe he should return it,or try to trade it for something better.He ran a hand through his dark hair and started his car.

Maybe he should ask Paige she'll help him.He rolled into the street his mind still preoccupied with the thought of stiles and the gift swap.He turned onto paiges street and parked in front of her two story home.

He slipped the gift inside his sweater pocket and walked towards her front door.He just didn't understand why he didn't think the gift looked quite right.He imagined it to look amazing especially on Stiles.

He rang the doorbell and waited a couple of minutes.He could hear the soft echoes of foot steps getting closer.Paige opened the door and smiled immediately once she saw who it was.

"Der,hey 'bestie come in!"She opened the door wider while Derek snorted at the word 'bestie'.

"I need advice."Derek turned to see her shut the door and she smiled again.

"Come on let's talk about in my room."She jerked her head towards the kitchen and Derek understood that her dad was in there."Dad Derek's here."

"Hey champ."Her dad called from the other room.

"Hey Tom!"Derek returned the greeting.

Paige grabbed his arm and they both started towards her room.Derek still felt this odd weight on his shoulders.Maybe he should just return the gift.