Chapter Eighteen:Opinions

Guys I'm stuck in this weird sad funk and I can't get out of it.

_______________________________________________________

Paige flopped onto her bed with a loud huff,she had over five throw pillows that bounced with her sudden weight.Derek plopped onto her pink computer chair.Paige looked at him expectantly and he felt his neck warm.

"Did you get it?"She played with a strand of her chocolate brown hair.

"I mean...yeah...but I'm not so sure ab-"

"Show me!"She sat up excitedly.

"Paige,I don't know if he'll even like it."Derek took the box out of his pocket."But if you wanna see it."

He handed it to her hesitantly and she took it with a wide grin.She opened the box and gasped,she placed a hand over her mouth.She gently grabbed the bracelet as if she was too scared to touch it.

"Oh Derek it's beautiful."She mumbled in awe and Derek felt his cheeks warm up."he'll love it."

"I feel like it's missing something."He groaned and spun in her chair.

She placed it back in the box and shut it.Derek stopped spinning and rested his head on her desk.

"Maybe you should ingrave it.."She suggested and Derek shot up from his spot a smile on his face.

"Paige you are a freaking genius!"He practically shouted.

"I know."She chimed and laid back down.

"New problem though."Derek laid beside her.

"What my child?speak."She mocked a aggravated mother.

"What would it say?"They both looked at each other for a while thinking.

"I love you?"Paige suggested.

"Nooo....that's basic as fuck."Derek rolled onto his stomach.

"Your're basic as fuck,rude."Paige wacked his back and he jumped from the sudden pain.

"Jerk."

"Bitch."

They made eye contact and exploded with laughter.Paige was whole heartedly laughing and Derek actually missed hanging out with her.

"God,I love you just because of that."Paige wiped a fake tear."none of my other friends watch supernatural so they can't make references like us."

"You have other friends?!"Derek mocked surprise and she smacked him harder then before.

"Dont be a dick."

"Whatever help me think I'm stuck,you butthead."Derek flicked her arm and she glared at him.

"You're a butthead."She retorted.

"How original."Derek muttered.

"Wanna speak up fucktard?"Paige sat up and clutched one of her throw pillows.

"Nothing,nothing please just help me."Derek gave her puppy dog eyes and she sighed.

"Fineee."She grumbled.

"Derek used puppy dog eyes it was super effective."Derek grinned and Paige glared at him.

"Shut up or I won't help you at all."Paige flicked his ear.

"Fine,fine,I'll stop."Derek surrendered.

They both lapsed into a serious conversation about the engraving.Paige spewing ideas and Derek denying them.

~*~

Stiles walked out the jewelry store with a brand new ring in his bag.He slipped into his jeep and bit his lip,his heart thumped loudly in his ears.Of course he was nervous about the gift but he was glad he didn't have to give it to Derek today.

He wanted to prepare himself emotionally and mentally.He wanted to sweep Derek off his feet and make his boyfriend feel extra special.He placed the gift on the passenger seat and started the car.

He was going to give Derek the most romantic speech he could muster.Honestly that's what really messed with his nerves,he wanted everything to be perfect especially for Derek.

_____________________________________________

I hope you guys have a great Valentine's day,and get so much chocolate you won't be able to move❤