Chapter 12

"But you'll be more powerful than the Guardians themselves!" said Pitch. "I can't even trust you. You're the Boogeyman!" I replied to him. "But I'm also misunderstood. Just like you." He pointed to himself. "You're nothing like me," I shook my head in disagreement. "You are evil. A dark spirit. Now, let me go." I demanded. He stared at me for a moment, a grin on his face. "No," he shook his head. "You brought me here for that! I declined the offer! So let me go!"

"Even if I do let you go, what's going to change if you won't join me?" he asked. I thought for a moment. My mouth opened to form words, but nothing came out. "Do you really wish for the Guardians to disappear, little by little?" He tilted his head. "That's what will happen if I join you," I replied as I looked down. "But if you do," He began, "you'll have a purpose of being here. Being a spirit." he said. "What?" I mumbled. "Have you ever questioned what happened before you were brought back by The Man in the Moon?" Pitch said as he formed into a shadow, snaked up the wall behind me and I watched as his shadow expanded. "Well, not really. But now I know I have a life before." I said. "You do know you're just wasting your time and effort. Seeing those memories would just make you realize that your life was meaningless." Pitch's voice echoed.

"It's my life. It's not meaningless." I said as I lowered my head and glanced at him forming back into a normal figure. "But how will you know that?" he said. Everything in front of me went black, making me tumble backwards slightly. "You'll find out, by this."

I saw as Pitch's skinny arm and hand reached out towards me, holding a precious-looking golden tube. "Do you want them? Your memories?"