Chapter 9

I watched as Sandy turned his head upwards. "How come you know nothing about The Boogeyman?" asked Jack. I shrugged. "Is that bad?" I said. "Well, yes. It kind of is." said Bunny. "The Boogeyman, better known as Pitch Black, is an evil spirit who's determined to destroy the beliefs of ze children of ze world." answered North. "He's attacked before. And bunny turned into a..." Jack grinned. "Yeah, a small rabbit. Yeah yeah." Bunny folded his arms as he squinted his eyes and his eyebrows were pulled together.

"And he stole the baby teeth of the children and my fairies! I don't want that to happen again. I'm quite busy, so I would like you all to go search the palace." answered Tooth. Her fists were clenched, but not in an angry way. North, Jack, Bunny and Sandy all went different directions to search the place whilst I still stood there. "Tooth," I said. She turned to me. "Why did Pitch want to take the teeth?" I asked, for I didn't really get why he wanted to take them anyway. "The teeth. They hold memories. The most important ones of childhood. That's why me and my fairies collect them. We have everybody's here." she answered. "Everybody's?" I perked my head up. "Yes. Yours too. And Jack's. Everybody's..." she grinned. "My memories? I have memories?"

"Of course." she said. "Wait...You mean you don't remember?" her wings fluttered. "Well...The first thing I can remember is waking up in the forest..." I answered. Tooth mumbled to herself. Something that I didn't hear. "Should I tell the others?"

"I don't think it's a big deal..."

"But it is though! The same happened to Jack. He doesn't remember his past life. But he found his memories..." Tooth explained. "I'll go search for your memories, Payton. They should be here somewhere. Go do what the others are doing now, alright?"