Chapter 22

((Last chapter!! I apologise for the long wait))

Fast forward, a few days later

Pitch had been defeated, and I hope it was for good. He cannot be trusted, even by me. The guardians had thanked me for what I had done, but some did not believed I had defeated Pitch myself. It was probably only Bunny who didn't believe. I am proud that I was able to help the guardians. That I was able to save children all over the world. But it felt like there was something still missing.

I was sitting in my tree house I had made a few months ago, staring out towards the moon. The trees were like silhouettes when it was night time.

"Was that it?" I asked myself. There was a peice missing. A big one. What was my purpose of being a guardian. I have always believed that the day I woke up in the forest was the very beginning. But what if there was another beginning? The very beginning that I have never experienced.

As I continued my gaze at the moon that shined brightly, I remembered something. The Tooth box!

I took the tooth box out that had been shining a sunny yellow. I glanced at the image that was on the side of the box, which was a picture of a child with brown hair and brown eyes. It was me.

I hovered my fingers over the center of a pattern of diamonds that were on the box, which suddenly opened and flipped around, my eyes seeing something. A memory.

It began with a girl in a pale, dark blue dress that reached her ankles, along with black boots that were wet.

She was running through a forest with her feet shuffling through the orange, red and yellow leaves that had bearded the ground.

She was running towards a cabin made from wood, which was deeper in the vast forest.

She ran up to the door, opening it. "I'm home!" She called out. "Mother?" she said as she walked down a small hallway. She turned a right as she gasped slightly.

There was a woman across her on the floor, squirming around in ropes that wrapped around her arms and legs.

The woman had brown hair like the girl did, but instead of brown eyes she had jade green eyes.

"Mother!" the girl called out, about to run to the woman.

A familiar figure then appeared between the two girls. Pitch.

The girl's eyes widened as she reached for a crossbow, about to use it to do some damage to the gloomy figure.

Pitch then reached his hand out, striking black sand towards the girl. The sand wrapped itself around the girl's neck.

The sand lifted the girl off the ground leaving her legs dangling in the air. The girl waved her arms around, trying to break free from the grasp around her throat. But it was no use.

Pitch then motioned the sand to throw the girl across the hallway, making the girl hit her back against a wardrobe.

The woman yelled out as she saw her daughter being flung to the other side of the hallway. The girl fell down, whimpering due to the pain. She was waiting for something to happen as the wardrobe fell in the girl, closing the memory.

As I was brought back to reality, I questioned what I saw. It all made sense. That was my mother, who I failed to save, but had enough Bravery to do something that can help. But she wasn't saved. But I avenged her. That's the most important part, right?

That must mean that my center is Bravery..

((hope yall like the new, edited version of the story :))

🎉 You've finished reading ' 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐆𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐈𝐀𝐍 ' 𝐑𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐬 🎉