Chapter 5

The red sack eventually opened and I stumbled out of it. I met my eyes with a man in a red suit who had a white beard that fell down his chest like a waterfall. "There she is!" he muttered to a girl behind him with fluttering wings and rainbow feathers. "Payton Twig!" he greeted me with a large smile. A small person next to him, covered in gold, had a calm smile.

I looked around the area, spinning in a circle. There were brown and grey yetis surrounding the place, along with small little elves in red and green outfits. I turned back to the man. "Hi!" I exclaimed. "What is this?" I asked. "Why, this is the North Pole! Haven't you heard?" A voice spoke. I turned to see a boy, slightly taller than me, in a blue hoodie which was covered in frost and some ruined trousers/pants. He also had white hair that was the color of snow. "Oh please. She can't be as badly behaved as ya, Frost!" The same person from earlier spoke. "I don't think I have a bad behavior?" I said as I shrugged.

"Zat is not the point." interrupted the bearded man. "Oh yes. Please tell me. Who are you?" I asked. "Ah, you see. I am North! Better known as Santa Clause or Farther Christmas! You know Bunny, don't you?" North gestured to Bunny. "Mhm." I squinted my eyes in annoyance. "And, the Tooth fairy!"

The woman with the feathers. "Hello, Payton! I've heard about your teeth! They must sparkle like the golden, Autumn sun!" She then said as she stuck her fingers into my mouth, stretching it and looking at my teeth. Once Tooth let go, I held my jaw. But then, a small little humming bird came close to my face. It rather frightened me, and I wacked it. Turns out that the humming bird was 'Baby Tooth'. Luckily, I didn't hit her too hard, but Tooth still didn't seem to like what I did. I apologized a few times. "And Sandy!" said North, gesturing his hand to the little golden man. "Oh...Why hello!" I looked down. "Uhm...Why are you so short?" I tilted my head. Sandy puffed his cheeks out of annoyance. I gritted my teeth slightly as I turned back to North. "And, our latest one, Jack Frost!"

The boy with the white hair, Jack, walked over to me. He looked at me very hard. "I still don't get why you are here." he then said. I rose my brow. "Wait, latest what?" I glanced at North. "Ah, yes! Well, Payton, if you don't know already, Man in moon has chosen you...To be guardian!"