Chapter 19

(A/N) I apologise for the long wait!!

"We shouldn't worry about this now! The evil spirit is going to do something in a moment!" I protested. "Payt, you are not fighting him! We all are! Your just some kind of girl who has no idea what she's doing!" said Bunny. "Well, if I was the one who caused it, I should be the one fixing it, right?" I clenched my fists as my knuckles turned white. "Payton, you don't have to do this. You can end up doing something stupid and getting yourself-" I heard Tooth say.

"Don't worry, I'll be unharmed." I replied. "How can you be so sure?" said Abigail. I looked down at her big, blue eyes. "I...I don't know." I mumbled to her. "Get Abigail back home." I ordered, launching myself into the air and drifting along the wind rapidly. 

I saw the grey cloud that Pitch himself was standing on. I didn't really have a moment to think what I was going to do as I felt my stomach turn over in nervousness as I watched the grey cloud come closer to me. I charged forward to the cloud, and I didn't give a moment to hesitate. 

It felt a little weird to stand on the cloud. It felt like I wasn't standing on anything at all. I pulled myself together as I then yelled out "Pitch!" 

Due to him facing the other way, the gloomy figure then turned around to face me. His golden eyes weren't the good kind of gold, and they seemed to pierce me like a sword. I watched him eye me down. "Payton Twig. Why do you fight against me?" he said as he shrugged. "You wanted me to hurt the Guardians!" I yelled as I pointed at him.

"Well, if you made you decision, then I can make your fate." He mumbled as he jerked his hand towards me, striking his black sand towards me. I ran to the side, dodging the sand. I landed on my hands as I quickly looked at him. He was preparing to strike again. I yelped as I reached for my crossbow and aimed the crossbow at him. It was safe to say we were both quick at dodging the strikes we put on each other.