Chapter 11

The next time I woke up, my eyes felt so heavy and my throat was stinging. Everything looked like it was spinning for a moment. "... Hello?" I stood up on my feet, shaking. I squeezed the fresh water from my hair. They were dangling and looked like the ends of wet paintbrushes. I looked around. Glancing at everything. The place was grey and dull. Shadows were everywhere. It looked like ink was draining from the walls. I proceeded to walk around. There was a bridge, and staircases. Bird cages and stuff like that.

"Oh, Payton. Sleep well?" a voice then called out. I turned around as sweat shined on my forehead. "Don't be afraid. I'm not gonna hurt you." it then said again. I recognized that voice. It was Pitch.

"I am not afraid!" I gritted my teeth. "Maybe not." he chuckled. I couldn't see him anywhere.

"You're a little bit like me. Nobody believes in me. But together, we can make children believe." the man from the shadows suddenly appeared in front of me with his long arms behind his back.

I looked up at him. I then began to consider it a little. "You know you want people to believe, don't you?" he asked.

"No. They'll fear us. I don't want people to fear me." I then said.