Chapter 2

(Jay's POV) 

Bright sunlight streamed in through the gap in between the gray curtains, hitting Jay squarely in the eyes, successfully waking him from his slumber. He groaned, turning away from the sun, and hiding his head under a pillow. The soft sound of a twitch streamer radiated in the background, probably the result of Ranboo hosting someone last night. His groggy mind turned to the boy from last night. Chat was persistent on him raiding Ranboo and he did it even though he had no idea who Ranboo was.  

Jay sat up, tossing his still-warm blankets to the side and swinging his legs off the side of the bed. He stood up, stretching before throwing open the curtains, cringing at the bright light that flooded his room. He turned back to his computer, pushing the fluffy mop of hair out of his face before plopping down in his chair. He spun around in a circle a few times before pulling himself closer to his desk. He shut down the tab of the now much louder, screeching twitch streamer, opening to Niki's stream instead. The soft ambient sound of Niki's voice drifted through the room, succeeding in maintaining a calm morning. Well- almost calm morning. 

"Jay! Get your ass down here for breakfast before I feed it to the dog!" His father's booming voice interrupted the calm demeanor Jay had woken up to. Jay muted the stream tab before grabbing his phone and rushing downstairs. The smell of breakfast filled his senses as he walked into the kitchen while his parents finished their food. 

"Alright boys, I have to go," Jay's mother said while standing up from the table. She grabbed her plate, her blonde curls bouncing and she dropped her plate in the sink. "Jay, be a dear and help your father clean up breakfast would you? Jim, you don't want to be late again you better hurry up."

Jay internally rolled his eyes at his parents antics, watching as his mother smoothed out her blouse, and his father continued shoving food in his mouth. Jay grabbed his plate of food off the counter, slightly disappointed in the fact that his eggs had gone hard. It was by no fault but of his own for staying up streaming so late and not being able to get enough sleep. He sat down at the table, just as his father stood up, glassware clacking together as the two moved in opposite directions. His parents were out the door and headed to work just as he had started on his food.

He sighed, picking up his fork whilst opening Twitter on his phone in his opposite hand. He scrolled through his feed, occasionally liking tweets he came across and responding to a few fan tweets as well. He shivered as a draft blew in through the open window. He opened his business email next, chuckling a little bit as he reminded himself of how his mother would chastise him for not using both a fork and a knife while he was eating. He could almost her her voice in his head. Jay, you need to use both a fork and knife, what would the queen think about your improper etiquette hmm? He cocked an eyebrow at the sight of a sponsor ship invitation but quickly disregarded it when he saw the requirements. It did succeed, however, in reminding him that he was due to film a new video. 

He browsed through ideas for his video in his head while washing the dishes, the thoughts coming and going like the soap suds being washed down the drain. He couldn't seem to concentrate after his stream with Tommy last night, as well as the soft screams he woke up to coming from his pc earlier this morning. Except, that was it, that was his video idea. He quickly finished the dishes, picked up his phone and headed back upstairs. 

He sat down at his computer once again, this time opening discord on his main monitor. He scrolled through his messages, pausing once he got to Tommy's contact and selecting it. 

@BlueJay_          Hey Tommy, I know the viewers enjoyed our streams last night and I wanted to know if you wanted to possibly help me film a video? It's totally fine if you don't! Just thought it was worth asking.