Chapter 12

(Slight TW : Swearing, Mention of homophobic parent)

Excitement coursed through the car, a sort eager undertone running through the boys as they drove down the winding English roads. The car stereo was set to almost max volume, the beat of the music pulsating through the seats the boys were packed into. The overcast sky could be seen through the windows, seemingly holding off on the forecasted rain. It's not like the rain would have an effect on their plans anyways, they would end up inside for majority of the day.

"Alright boys, let's get this show on the road," Wilbur announced while pulling the car into a small parking spot.

The group hoped out of the cramped car, restless from the drive. "Wilbur, you still haven't told us what we're doing yet," Tubbo complained as he clambered out.

"Can you not wait ten seconds till we get inside?" Wilbur remarked.

"No, I really-," Tubbo cut himself off as he and the other boys walked into the tall building. It was like a giant indoor arcade, varying areas filled with fun activities.

Wilbur smiled at the boys crowded around the entrance. "Come on, we have to get out tickets."

The group ambled up to the register, briefly paying before receiving the little paper wristbands that would serve as their ticket for the day. Jay fiddled with the band before loosely securing it around his wrist. He cringed slightly as the adhesive stuck to the hair on his arm sending sharp pinches across his skin. Jay looked up from his arm, scanning the interior of the building. Bright florescent colors were everywhere, painted patterns trailing the wall into the high rafters. His admiration for the design ended as Wilbur called out to the group again, trying to herd them all in the same general direction.

Wilbur clapped his hands together, successful in getting their attention. "So, there's plenty to do and we have all day to do whatever really. I reserved the laser tag arena for twelve o'clock but otherwise you're free to be the little gremlins you are."

"Can I vlog?" Tommy asked excitedly, making puppy eyes at Wilbur.

"If you want, but I'm not responsible for you loosing your camera," Wilbur said nonchalantly.

"Poggers," Tommy gave a sharp smile before whipping out his phone and walking away from the group.

Jay paused to gather his bearings, deciding to join Tubbo and Ranboo as they drifted in Tommy's relative direction.

"Where are we going?" Jay asked eagerly.

"Uh, I don't know?" Tubbo shrugged as he turned to look up at Ranboo.

"Tommy's playing arcade games, we could see what he's doing and figure it out from there," Ranboo suggested, his tall height allowing him to spot the vlogging boy quite easily.

The group made their way over to Tommy, his loud voice increasing in volume the closer they got. His blonde hair bounced as he maneuvered the controls, the arcade games basking him in colorful hues.

"Wait," Tubbo stuck his arms out to stop the boys from passing him.

"Tubbo, whatever you're thinking, absolutely not," Ranboo commented, noting the mischievous look on his face.

"Let's scare him, it'll be funny," Tubbo whined.

Tubbo continued pleading with Ranboo who had not yet submit to his antics. Annoyed by Tubbos's constant pleading, Jay shot Ranboo a stern glance over Tubbo's ruffled brown hair.

Ranboo rolled his eyes before glancing back down at Tubbo. "Fine, you can scare him, but don't blame me when you have to deal with the consequences."