Chapter 9

Jay opened his eyes slowly, turning and groaning into his pillow as a blaring alarm rang though the room. Jay sat and listened to the alarm, falling back into a slight slumber, the alarm nothing but a light echo in his mind. That was until a pillow was thrown at his head. 

"Turn that piece of shit off will you?" Ranboo's voice was heavy, laced with the sound of sleep. 

Jay rolled over, squinting his eyes at the bright phone screen before turning the alarm off. He threw the phone back down on the nightstand, falling back into the warmth of his bed. He closed his eyes again, ready to doze off but Ranboo had already made his way to the window and had opened the blinds. Blinding sunlight filled the room, Jay groaning as he buried his head under the sheets. Rolling his eyes, Ranboo walked over to the bed and ripped the sheets off before Jay before he could fall back asleep. Ranboo stared down at Jay, still somehow not ready to wake up, and decided to chuck more pillows at him. Ranboo grabbed the pillow he previously threw at Jay and proceeded to wack him with it. Jay shot up out of pure terror at the tall man slamming a pillow down at his face. He grabbed the nearest pillow and bashed it back into Ranboo, turning the situation in a mini pillow fight. Soon enough, the boys were out of breath as they both laid together on Jay's bed. 

Ranboo glanced over at Jay, watching as the boy's chest rose and fell rapidly, a slight tinge of pink coating his cheeks. Ranboo grinned as the boy met his gaze. "Ready to get up yet?"

"We can't just sit here all day?" Jay asked mischievously, reaching his arms up above his head stretching.  

Ranboo stood up and walked over to his suitcase. "Tommy and Tubbo get here today remember?"

"Fuck, yeah, totally remembered that." 

Ranboo smirked. "Uh-huh, I'm going to get dressed, you should do the same," he called out over his shoulder as he walked to the bathroom.

Jay rolled his eyes while he headed over to his cupboard and picked out an outfit. He pulled on the new outfit before walking to the other bathroom down the hall. Soft sounds of tousled metal echoed off the bathroom walls, the result of Jay digging through a box of jewelry. Seemingly satisfied with his pickings, he shoved the bundle of rings onto his fingers and threw a pair of earrings through the holes in his ears.  Jay walked back to his room, grabbing his phone and walking downstairs to where Ranboo was waiting. Ranboo glanced up from his phone, eyes widening once he had seen what Jay had chosen to wear. 

"I know I'm gorgeous, no autographs," Jay smirked, happy to have impressed Ranboo with his outfit choices. 

Ranboo grinned. "Narcissistic much?"

"Nope," Jay said sliding his socks across the hardwood floors. 

Ranboo let out a light laugh. "You look like you just came directly from straight tiktok."

Jay mimicked a scared behavior as he bent down to cuff his jeans. "There we go, much better." 

Ranboo raised a single eyebrow at him. "I have no idea what that means but sure?"

"You are so clueless sometimes," Jay said lightly, patting Ranboo's head as he passed where he sat on the couch. "Forget cooking, let's go out and get food." 

"If you make me fall again, I'm not going," Ranboo glared up from the screen of his phone. 

Jay's voice grew steadily fainter as he walked toward the garage. "Stop complaining Mr. Boo, let's go already."

Within minutes, Jay was guiding Ranboo through the streets again, this time stopping at a shop further along the pier. They both hopped off the boards, unlocking their hands before walking into the shop Jay had chosen. It appeared to be an old-timey donut shop from the outside, but the inside was well lit and beautifully decorated. A large array of brightly frosted deserts lined the walls.