Chapter 4

(Jay's POV)

Jay opened his eyes to a harsh light and groaned. He leaned to the side, trying to get more sleep, but ended up careening towards the floor. His chair flew backwards and he landed on the ground with a soft thud. He rolled over onto his back, popping the stiff joints of his shoulders in the process. Jay raised his hand to his face, touching his slightly numb cheek, feeling along the ridges imprinted there from falling asleep on his keyboard. Phenomenal, such a great way to start the morning. He laid on the floor a for a few moments more, dosing back off into a light slumber before he was awoken by a little terrier licking his face. 

"Ugh, get off," He sat up, pushing the dog off of him before reaching out and stretching the tenseness from his back. He really had to stop falling asleep at his desk. The little white and brown dog padded off as Jay collapsed back into his chair. The small clock in the corner of the screen read 1 pm.That however, was the least of his priorities. Discord was opened on his screen, showing him in a call, with his camera on. There was another person in the call, a ceiling fan slowly spinning within view of the camera. Memories came flooding back as Jay remembered the call last night. 

He decided to mute himself as to not wake the other sleeping boy. Jay opened the files of one of his new videos and published it to YouTube. 

Now it was time to sit and watch the views roll in. Deciding to promote the video later, he switched to work on some of his other projects. He reopened discord again after hearing a short ping. 

Dream has requested to friend you.

Jay quickly accepted the request, eager to know that Dream had noticed him. A few moments later, he recived a message. 

"Hey Jay, I don't normally do this, but I was looking for a new lore character and with your recent content with Tommy and Ranboo, I think you'd be a perfect fit. Lmk." 

Jay's mouth dropped. Dream, THE Dream was inviting him to his practically legendary SMP. He sat in shock for a few moments before deciding to respond.

"That would be great?! Are you sure you want this lol, kinda confused why you want me over anyone else."

"I wouldn't ask if I didn't want you. Here's the ip (***), I'll whitelisted you. Don't log in until I tell you to, I'll get someone to give you a tour either today or tomorrow, depending on when you can stream it. I'll let you know the lore stuff after you get acquainted with it all."

"Sounds great, talk soon?"

               Seen by Dream

Jay leaned back in his chair, tucking his hands behind his head while he sat in a sort of almost shocked state. He sat like that a few moments longer until a soft groan came from his computer. Jay pulled up the VC screen again, this time seeing a still fan instead of a moving one.