Chapter 7

A/N - There are major time skips in this chapter, please make sure you recognize this otherwise it won't make sense! Some are subtle and others literally say time skip so keep it in mind :)

(Jay's POV)

Loud bickering echoed over a discord call. Jay and Ranboo decided to share their meetup plans with some of the other boys in the SMP and planning was certainly going far from easy. 

 "No, No, I can't house you all, Mother dearest would not be happy about that," Tubbo argued loudly with Tommy. 

Jay interrupted them. "Chill, all of you, you can stay with me." 

"What about your parents Jay? You should ask them before you randomly decide to invite a bunch of people to stay over for a week," Wilbur sounded concerned.

"It'll be fine, I asked them last night, we just have to pick a date when they're out of town," Jay responded calmly.

Tommy sounded confused. "What do you mean out of town, are they taking a trip or something?"

"No, my dad is a pilot and my mom's a flight attendant so we just have to pick a week while they're working."

"That makes... a little bit of sense?" Tommy seemed somewhat happy with the answer to his question.

Tubbo interrupted again. "Alright, according to mother dearest, I can do two weeks from now, or four weeks from now, but it will depend on how far you live from me." 

They all started bickering about dates again and Jay threw his head against his desk and groaned. He looked down at the phone in his lap as it vibrated. An incoming message from Ranboo flashed on the screen. 

I thought planning a trip was supposed to be easy.

Jay smiled before responding.

Whoever said that must have lied.

After nearly two hours of complaining and disputing, they had finally come up with a set of dates. Tubbo and Tommy would sleep over at Jay's house for a week, Wilbur would commute back and forth to his house over the span of three days, and Ranboo would fly in the day before Tommy and Tubbo arrived and would fly back two days after they left. It was a slightly chaotic plan, but it worked out for everyone. 

After the chaotic call ended, Jay went downstairs to update his parents on the traveling situation. He explained the situation to his parents who took it surprisingly well. There were a few ground rules set but otherwise, things seemed quite simple. It was now time for him to sit and impatiently await the trip. 

(Timeskip to the day before Ranboo arrives) 

Jay sighed loudly as he stood up from his now warm chair, the result of having streamed for the past few hours. He had streamed with Tommy and they had both noticed the increasing difficulty in not revealing the trip to the fans yet. They had both almost let it slip multiple times before deciding to end the streams early as to not risk leaking the details. Jay's thoughts were interrupted as an incoming discord call sounded from his computer. He sighed before settling back down in his chair and answering the call. He was slightly surprised to see a disheveled looking Ranboo sitting on his floor. 

"Hey boo, what's up?" Jay asked casually. 

"Packing, I need help," Ranboo rushed out.

"Okay, what do you need to know?"

Ranboo looked slightly stressed. "I have no idea." 

"Let's start simple," Jay said trying to help. "What have you packed so far?"