Chapter 20 - Meet the parents

January
*Harry/narrator pov*

Harry removed his cauldron from the heat as his mind once again returned to Draco's father.

He'd been away in the aftermath of the incident over the holidays, called on urgently to inspect the state of some investments in Russia which were inexplicably failing. This genuinely had nothing to do with the incident in question, but it still played on Harry's mind that Lucius still had no idea that his son was gay, much less dating his former master's sworn enemy. And the fact that he was back this weekend, when Harry and Draco were going to meet him.

Today was also Friday, which meant he'd be meeting Draco's parents tomorrow.

"Hmm." Said a familiar nasally voice. Harry blinked, returning to reality, as Snape surveyed Harry's batch of Felix Felicis for the third time. "An... adequate potion, Mr. Potter. Not bad."

Harry felt bubbles rise upwards in his chest with happiness. His potions had improved! Snape deemed them not bad!

As Potions master swept away to inspect the other potions, Draco gave him a nudge, grinning. "Not bad, eh? Must be my excellent tutoring skills."

Harry grinned back as he began to pour it into a bottle. "Bet you want some of this adequate Felix, don't you."

"I won't lie," said Draco, "last time it had some decidedly... advantageous effects. Wouldn't you agree?" He smirked.

Snape rapped on his desk for silence. "That will be all for today. You are dismissed."

Harry stoppered his bottle of Felix and waved it in front of Draco's nose as the class began to file out. "You really want this?"

"Yes." Draco said with a far too innocent smile on his face, no doubt imagining what would happen this time, if last time got him a kiss.

He was already sprinting out of the classroom as he called behind him, "come and get it!", Draco chasing after him.

***

"Shit."

"What is it?"

"You're meeting my father today."

There was a pause.

"Ah." Came Harry's voice. And then, "shit."

***

The two of us climbed the stairs to McGonagall's office.

Harry knocked.

"Enter."

They opened the door, seeing her at her desk eating a ginger biscuit. "Can I help you, boys?"

"We're visiting Draco's parents today. We were wondering if we could use your fire and travel by Floo?" Harry asked.

"Of course." She gestured to the fire, and we both approached it, me taking a handful of Floo powder.

"Malfoy Manor!"

We erupted in green flames.

We shot through the main chimney of the Manor and straight onto the floor in the dining room, where Mother was waiting, sipping a cup of tea. She took one look at me and sighed. "Really? Didn't even dress up to introduce your boyfriend?"

I glanced down. Maybe the patterns on patterns wasn't a great idea. I'd been in a hurry. "I didn't really have time."

She closed her eyes. "I'm sure. Your father is in the basement, by the way. Trying to create a potion of resurrection because he's bored."

"Is that not a bad thing...?"

She shrugged. "It's keeping him occupied. Lucius has no patience for art, which is how I pass the time." She stood and conjured two cups of tea with a flick of her wand.

"I'll go get him. Have a seat, both of you."

A/N

Had to cut the chapter a bit short since I try to keep them the same length. I'll probably update soon though.

I think next chapter might be the last one I write because there doesn't seem to be much of a plot, so I think I'll just round it off.

If you enjoyed, please vote, comment or add this to a reading list :)

-immortalsheep05