Running

A/N; Thank you for continuing to read my story!! I have been working very hard on 2 accounts to create multiple stories with ships lots of people enjoy. Jasonette isn't really a popular romantic ship. It's more of a popular platonic ship. Except, you saw in the description which one this Jasonette fic would be. I'm going to stop ranting and get you back to the whole reason you scrolled her. Have fun on this emotional roller coaster. Put your seatbelts on, and enjoy the ride. 🎢))

⚠️WARNING; YOU WILL HATE ADRIEN AGRESTE AFTER THIS STORY!!⚠️

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

~Marinette's POV~

I kept running. Never looking back. His words rang through my head as a ran.

Princess... come back here.

WE CAN FINALLY BE TOGETHER!

You're breaking more than my heart... MARINETTE!

Give me back the ring, you can help me get Ladybug's miraculous and I can give it to you. You deserve to be Ladybug, not whoever is under that stupid mask.

You know you love me.

I prepared to take the ring away from Chat- I mean Adrien. I told Master Fu of what has been going on. He told me Chat's identity. I led him on as my civilian self, before snatching the ring. He's been running after me for about twenty minutes now. I can't take it anymore. I have to get away.

I ran into an alley, finally losing Adrien. I opened my purse and searched for the horse miraculous. I put the sunglasses on the top of my head and watched as the kwami that belonged to it fly out.  

"Kaalki, I need you to teleport me somewhere safe." I whisper.

"No problem, Grand Guardian." She replies.

((A/N; Before you ask, Master Fu did pass the guardianship to Marinette in Miracle Queen. Marinette found out he didn't lose his memory in a little encounter. She goes back to him for some guidance once in a while. He just knows it's not safe for him in Paris.))

I jumped through the portal, landing in a dark alley. I didn't know where I was, but it was daylight and there was police sirens filling the air. I make out this place only for it to feel familiar. The cold wind across my face, broken glass and blood in the alleyway, a particular building with a huge "W" on the top. There's only one place that fits this description in my head. I'm in-

"-Gotham?" Kaalki must have heard me talking about how I miss my parents and best friend. I wonder if my parents are still even around?

"Tikki? Do you-" I start as Tikki interrupts me.

"Do it Marinette. I know you want to find them. I'm not going to stop you." Right then I knew it was up to me. I decided to go but before then I heard a loud scream.

"Looks like this is going to be easier than expected."

I make my way over to where the scream was. I see Riddler at Wayne Enterprises trying to get people to answer his riddles. Real original.

"Uncle Eddy! You let those people go, now!" He turns around to me and freezes in his tracks.

"M... Marigold?" He stutters. "Yeah, it's me. Now tell your goons to let these people go!" I demanded him. 

"You heard the lady!" His goons start letting the hostages go and start cleaning up all broken glass and blood.

"Good! Now, where's my parents?" I ask.

"I will take you to them. Let's go." He leads me out of the building before the bats come.

(Batman's POV)

We have been called because there was a Riddler attack. But, when we got to the scene there was no glass, no blood, nobody was being held hostage. It was quiet and people were frozen.

"Is it just me or is there no Riddler?" Red Hood asks confused.

"No, Hood. It's completely fine. What happened?" I asked. A random civilian came up to me and spoke.

"A girl, she led Riddler out of here. Talking about finding her parents. She also called him "Uncle Eddie". Her name was Marigold and she had black hair with blue highlights, and greenish-blue eyes."

Uncle? My team and I left the scene after making sure everyone is alright. I went back to the bat cave after hearing her name and what she looked like.

"Tim, search up a Marigold and make sure she fits the description." I told Tim as soon as all of us arrived back to the cave. 

He groans and gets straight on the case. I notice Jason being a little off.

"What's wrong, Jason?"

"Nothing." He says quickly.

He runs to wherever he ran off to. I'm getting to old for this.

(Jason's POV)

No, she can't be back. I'm sure she got taken away. She's not back in Gotham, she can't be. It's impossible. I thought. I went to sleep hoping it was just my ears acting off. Goldie's gone.