Origins; Part One; In Gotham

"It's so obvious Auntie! Bruce is the one you took Jay away from me! Bruce is the reason I was taken!"

Bruce gulps. This was not good...
__________________________________________

Why was he the reason for her horrible life right now? Here's the full story.

______________________________________________

Mari-gold Quinn had just been born, a year ago. Her parents were the one and only Harleen Quinzel and Jack Napier. Better known as Joker and Harley Quinn, the crazy clowns of Gotham. Marinette was nothing like her parents. She was sweet, bubbly, and named as 'Gotham's Angel'. Of course she was famous and in the protection of all Gotham's villains.

One of her many many uncles was training her in being immune to gasses, chemicals and any sort of bad drug. Meaning, even the most powerful toxins couldn't hurt her. Yeah it could've killed her, but she was the daughter of the two most dangerous sociopaths in CRIME CAPITAL!! Nothing could kill besides a heart attack from the bats when they sneak up on people. Do they not care!? That's besides the point.

When her training was over she went out for some fresh air as she always was as a 4 year old. Yep! I did some magic and brought us 3 years into Goldie Locs future! She was going to her favorite alley before hearing shuffles behind the dumpster she always sat by.

She quickly blended into the shadows, she taught her herself that, and took a peak at the slim figure. 'Poor boy! He looks like he hasn't eaten in ages!' She stepped into the light, startling the boy.

"Who are you! What are you doing here?" The boy shouts at her. "Calm down! This is MY alley so I have reason to be here. But, you look horrible, why are YOU out here?" Said boy chuckles. "I like to switch places from time to time, y'know? I just- I have nowhere else to go." Marigold silently forms something in her mind. "I have an idea!" The kid raises an eyebrow. "Mhm. And what is that?" Mari smiles brightly, her blonde hair flowing in the slight breeze. "How about you stay in one of my sheds? It's near where I live so I can bring you food and make you clean clothes. All you have to do, is tell me your name." The boy stands up. "Alright. My name's Jason Todd. And you are?"

Mari smiles once more. "Marigold Quinn. And it's nice to meet you."

__^-^__

"Here we are!" Gold exclaims. Todd examines the shed in shock. "Wow. This is yours? It's the size of an apartment!" "My dad had someone build it for me. There's two beds in there. Just in case I every got friends for a sleepover. I don't go to school, as I'm homeschooled, so I don't really have friends. So I just use this as a back up room when I want to watch the stars." Jason stares at the girl. "You must have amazing family then." Mari snorts. "Yeah. But no one else besides me sees the good in them. They just see them as the rouges. Not as people who could actually have a REAL family." Jason chokes on the water she gave him. "What!? Y-you are related to the rouges of Gotham!??" Gold snaps her head toward him. "Well, yeah. Harley Quinn and Joker are my parents. Riddler, Penguin, Two-Face, Scarecrow, Catwoman, Poison Ivy, they're all my family. I'm different from them by a lot. Though they have taught me a lot."

Jason furrows his eyebrows. "You're right." "What?"

"You're right. How they aren't just villains. No. They can actually be a loving and deserving family. They're lucky to have you Mari." Said girl smiles and hugs the boy. "Thank you Jason. You make me feel like I finally made a friend." "Who says you haven't?" Mari looks up at the boy, eyes filled with tears of joy, while he grins down at the slightly shorter girl.

__^-^__

A couple months pass and Jason is still staying with Mari in her huge shed. They both sleep in there. Jason, because Mari gifted him shelter, and Mari because she insisted she'd stay with him as her family is usually out and about anyways.

They were both sitting and watching the stars. Mari's birthday had just passed and they're both now 12. "Pixie?" Jason calls. "Yeah, Jay?" The orphaned boy takes a deep breath. We've been friends for around 8 years right?" The girl hums in confusion. "I've been thinking and you seem like more than a friend to me. Not like a little sister or something, I mean like someone who cares for me. Someone who'd do anything for me. And I like that about you." The girl looks at him with gleaming glittering eyes. "Really?" The boy just nods.

Jason kisses her cheek and lays down on the floor next to her. "Do you want to go steal something?" Jason shoots up. "I didn't think you were like that Goldie?" Mari chuckles. "Yeah, yeah. Let's go Jay. Maybe Batman'll be out?" "Are you thinking what I'm thinking." Jason says as he smirks. "Yup."

They both shout in unison, "Bat-Mobile™ tires!"

The two teens rush out of the shed and into the alleyways of Crime Alley. They spot the car of the night.

"I'll go. You stay here and watch out for the bat." Mari was about to protest but Jason is already rushing out into the scene.

Marigold looks out on the roofs and in the dark corners of the alley and building across the street to see in Batman is anywhere to be seen. She's looking across from where she is when she hears commotion.

__^-^__

Batman was just coming to get his car when he sees a kid trying to pry off the tires. "Hey kid." The boy jumps up in surprise and drops the crowbar. "Batsy! What a nice surprise." Dark Knight narrows his eyes at the boy. "What're you doing out here? Alone? And stealing my tires?"

"I have no family. And for stealing the tires, I just felt bored and wanted to do something."

Bat thinks in his head. "How about I take you in." "What!?" "Look. You either come with me, or I turn you into the police?"

He looks over where Mari would be and sighs. "Fine. I'll come with you." Batman nods. "Good. Now get in."

__^-^__

Mari keeps thinking the same thing over. 'Please tell me I'm just dreaming and that didn't just happen.' She closes her eyes and pinches herself. 'Nope. It's real. Jay left me. Just as I thought my best friend would always stick with me.'

She runs from the alleyway, before bumping into a person who works for a company her parents and family. Have been keeping her from.

Social Service AKA, CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES. WHERE THEY'LL PUT YOU INTO THE SYSTEM AND YOU'LL BE ALONE AND ADOPTED INTO A PLACE YOU DON'T WANT TO BE!

First her best friend, and now her.

Great.

Second part being uploaded later today!