I Have Loved You Before...And I Still Do

"Where do you too think you're going?" Dick questions the two teens. Jason raises an eyebrow at his brother. "Who are you? The curfew police?" The eldest Wayne brother scoffs and looks over to Mari. "We're going to go stargazing on top of Wayne Enterprises." Dick wiggles his eyebrows and smirks. 

"Shut it, Dick. We used to do this as kids, we're just reopening a new memory." Mari nods along as Jason speaks. "I'd love to chat more, but we've got to get going before my aunt wants to take me back home." At those words, Jason and Marigold left the manor and headed toward an alley close by. 

"I know a way to get us to the building faster, but you've got to promise me to not freak out." The villain's child says cautiously to the anti-hero. "Just don't kill me, 'kay?" Mari chuckles. "I promise, Jay. Plagg, claws out!" Jason shields his eyes as a bright light flashes over Marigold. When he uncovers them, he sees a completely different girl in a skintight cat suit.

"Please don't tell me Selina gave you that." Jason says surprised. Mari shakes her head and grabs his hand. "Hold on to me as tight as you can, and don't let go." Jason does as told, and next things he knows, they're both flying through the air as Marigold extends and retracts her staff. 

Jason looks at Mari and sighs lovingly at how beautiful she is with the wind blowing through her hair. He also noticed another detail about her. Her eyes weren't the bluebell color he'd first seen when he met her. No. They were blue with green running through it. Her parents didn't have green eyes, and neither did any of her immediate family. He'd have to ask her about that later.

"There's so much I've missed while we were separated, huh?" She nodded her head while still looking down at the city floors. "I've also missed so much with you. Like the white streak in your hair, you having siblings, Aunt Selina favoring you..." Mari trailed off. Jason scoffed playfully and ruffled her hair. "She doesn't favor me. She just knows my history with you."

Mari looked up at him in interest. "She does favor you! Don't ask me how, but when we were outside in the garden, I overheard her telling Batsy how you were my first ever friend and my reason for happiness. My family was very grateful for you being in my life, even if you couldn't sense it."

The anti-hero could feel a tear rolling down his cheek. They were grateful for... him? "You always knew how to break me, Pixie." Mari chuckled. Spotting that they were there, Mari landed above the building and Jason never let go. "Uh, Jay? You could let go now." He looked at his arm around her waist and smirked smugly at Mari. "I'm okay." 

Mari groaned and wiggled herself out. She went over to a nice empty spot and de-transformed. Jason walked toward her and sat down right next to her. "I wanted to ask you a question." Jason stated. She looked at him with curious eyes. "When you said that you still weren't over me... did you mean you still had those feelings for me we had for each other before?"

She took his hand into hers and drew small circle on the back of it with her thumb. "Of course I do! I've waited for you all these years, never looking at someone else with those heart eyes I had for you." He smiled, laying his head on her shoulder. Mari rested her head on top of his and stared into the distance.

"I have loved you before, and I still do."

~~~

I'M BACK EVERYBODY. I'm sorry I haven't been updating, but I'm here now~! Wait For Me will take a little longer to update, but I'm working on it. Stay patient.