Chapter 1: A Flashback

"Buzz.. Buzz.. Buzz.." went my alarm clock at exactly 7:00 am. June 5th was finally here- the day I would be graduating from hell, Jameswood High School, and I was surely ecstatic. I ran to get my clothing that I had picked out the night before and into the shower. I was so ready for this day!
After preparing myself I went to wake up my aunt Linda- I stayed with her from I was 12 years old because my parents wanted me to move schools and city due to my terrible behavior - I shook her trying to get her up. When she finally did I could see the look on her face that she was still sleepy; I didn't care it was my day!
10:00 am I was in line with my blue and gold gown that went over a v-neck white fitted dress that stopped to my knees with gold shiny pumps along with my blue cap. Waiting for my name to be called next I watched as the other students went across the stage thinking how joyful they must be. "Tracy Banks". That was me. I walked across that stage with a smile as bright and big as the sun. After shaking hands with my professor upon receiving my diploma I went to take my seat. The ceremony went on and finally came to an end.
Three days after graduating my aunt asked me if I was going to college. "No. At least not yet" I said. She made a face of confusion. My mother side of the family is all about controlling people's lives, well just about all. They talked to me about going to college right after graduation about a million times, almost sounded like a broken record. Sure I knew that she would be upset but I was not ready for college as yet.

"Why is she hesitating to go to college? Is it because of that little boyfriend of hers? Linda please talk sense into her" my mom said on the phone talking to my aunt. Yes I did have a boyfriend but we separated a while back, it's her excuse for me not doing anything that she wants me to do. I would only laugh . "why does my family hate me so much" I would always think to myself. The one person that really knew what was going on with my life is my dad, Travis. That caused problems.
My aunt and mom came to me on a random day and said in unison "if you aren't going to college you need to leave now!" I was shocked and didn't know what to do so I didn't say anything. Guess they were tired of me thinking I'm the boss not knowing I got it from them. Later I learned that they wanted the room for my younger sister to start the same high school I went to. I had no problems with her but it seemed she did not like me at all- Oh well.
Six days later I was in an apartment complex after being "kicked out". It was very nice. I could do what ever I wanted, freedom. When I first moved in I didn't have the money but my dad sent it to me, he always makes sure I'm straight. In a matter of weeks I got a full-time job at Deluxe Nail Salon. I was finally doing something I wanted to do. The pay was great, paid my rent on time and I bought items that I needed. Working here reminded me of how I always wanted to be a nail artist and it urged me to start my own after I gathered more than enough funds." I told my best friend Jasmine, my longtime friend from Jameswood high, the whole story like it was yesterday as we were at my home looking at designs for Fantasy Designs Nail Salon, my Own nail salon yall wooo.