Chapter 9: First Day Of Work

All the workers showed up on time and that was a good thing. We started to turn on everything and sprayed some nice smelling febreze which made the room smell like paradise. Everyone started fixing up their stations and getting ready. I had already known some people that wanted to come get their nails done.
We opened about 9:00 am and in about 5 minutes customers started coming. It was easy for us to tend to the customers because we knew what everyone specialty was so when they came in the store the manager (Malia) would first ask them what kind of design they wanted and she would send them to the person who did well in that kind of design. All of them knew how to do just about every design but we wanted to just stick to their best one for now. Only if they were busy and someone asked for their kind of design then we would let another do it. Me and Jasmine worked also so we can let Malia get even better on managing. She would just work the floor and the cash register where people went to pay for their nails. Our prices were reasonable. The workers who did the nails would write down their totals on a sheet of paper at their station so when the day was over we could calculate the overall total and make sure it adds up to the money. We even got tips, I would let the girls keep their tips and put mine in the register making a side note to why we have over what we need. We had gotten a lot of people on our first day, that was great and everything went well.
The first work day was done and I felt like I accomplished a life long mission. I was desperate for the other days to come. We would open every day besides Sunday. We cleaned up our stations and got ready to go home after a packed day. After we counted the money I would put an elastic band over it and put in a envelope with the amount we actually made and the tip money and then into my purse. The girls had draw-like tables where they did the nails so they would put them in the draws and lock it. Even though the area was a safe place and I had security I still liked to lock up everything and carry the money home because you never know.
We all headed out to our cars as we got out the store to close. We closed around 9pm almost 10pm that's how packed it was. Arianna would come to work from 3:30pm to 8:30pm due to her still in high school but on weekends she would be there full hours. That was no problem at all she was very focused in school and the job but I told her whenever she need a break cause I know how high school can be she can just tell me.
We all headed to our homes. This day was good. It was late when I reached home I just wanted to go sleep but Jay had called me asking how the first day went. It's like I got a little energy and told him all about it. "see I told you not to worry about it too hard I knew you could do it" he said. I laughed and said "yeah I know, thanks". We continued to talk for a while but he said "u sound a bit tired u should get some sleep got another day of work tomorrow" I said "you're right I'll talk to you later, love you, muah". " love you too goodnight ". I then hang up the phone, Showered, drank some water and then went to sleep.