Chapter 6: The Interviews

While entering the nail salon awaiting for people to arrive to be interviewed, Jasmine and I were having a little conversation about what kind of workers we wanted. "I just want someone who's loyal, hardworking, and have experience ya know" she said. I agreed because we will be working for a while until it gets to a point where I can trust the workers to work in there by themselves. Of course we would have to find a decent manager to run the store if neither of us are there. That there is one of our major problems because we wouldn't want someone stealing our money while they're working there.
The interviews started. "I can only work 2 days out the week because I have 3 babies I need to take care of" said one person while smacking their gum. She was definitely not going to be employed here. "I, like know how to, like do nails, like not professionally but, like a little where I can, like have a job" said another. I could not stand it when people continuously use the word "like" in their sentence. Very annoying. "I've been working in a Nail Salon for about 2 years but I just moved up here and I would like to continue" said another one. Out of all the interviews we did that was one of the best ones, trust me. Maria Brutus was her name and she was surely fit for the manager role. The Interviews continued, some decent and some not so nice. We still had a fun time.
The Interviews were done early in the morning (8:00 am)  for two reasons : 1. We wanted to test their ability to make it to work on time because our store would be opening around that time and 2. We wanted to be done early so we can re-look over the resumes before we made our final decision before it was time for the Grand opening which was the next day.  We stayed at the salon to finish looking over the resumes to pick our best ones. After going through all we came down to a total of seven females. One we were not to sure about (Arianna) because she was still in high school, her job would be part-time, but we still gave her a chance.
Jasmine was a bit exhausted so we decided to head to our homes. I would email the seven girls about their acceptance, the Grand opening information, and about their live nail painting on mannequin fingers just so I can see what they're all about when I got home.
When I arrived home I called Jay and asked if he wanted to come over, he said yes after finishing some work. Jay was an orthodontist, he dealth with braces and that makes a decent amount of money. About 10 minutes passed and he was here. We embraced each other with a hug and a little smooch and sat down on the couch.  I told him how much work I had to do ;the acceptance letters, planning the Grand opening, and the live nail painting tomorrow so he just watched some sports while I worked. Here and there he would either poke me or do something to make me laugh and distract me.
I was finally done with all the work. We decided to order pizza, I would've cooked but all the work I could not stand in front of a stove and cook. I told him I would soon cook for us but not now. Yea, I can be lazy sometimes.

The pizza arrived from Papa Johns and it looked delicious. It was a large pepperoni pizza with the cheese so hot and stretchy, how I liked it, and very fresh marinara sauce, and the crusts were just perfect; nice and fluffy.
We ate the pizza and then watched "Madea goes to jail" just for some comedy. It was an old movie but still nice. I had put all my work papers in my office room and then finished watching the movie. After the movie we just talked and hang.
It was getting late and I knew I had a big day tomorrow so I started heading for bed. Jay was already knocked out on the couch and I didn't want to wake him up so I left him out there and headed upstairs.
I got in my bed and went to sleep. I would say around 1am he came in my bed, kissed my check, and wrapped his arms around me. We slept well.
It was the next morning. He had to leave because he was working this morning, so I just made a cup of coffee and a bagel for him. I freshened up.
Today was the day.