1 - Before The Outbreak

Authors Note
Hiya, im publishing the first chapter as a taster so im not not publishing this whole book yet so if you are impatient read this at your own peril.
P.s this book is unedited and has has minor spelling and grammar mistakes so I'd be really happy if you would comment at them ok byeee!!!

Aim – This when you point the arrow at where you want it to shoot and hit.

I roll over and sigh, another nightmare ridden night. I glance at my alarm clock and shoot out of bed, scrambling to pull on a clean pair of jeans and a grey t-shirt.

I forgot to switch my alarm on again and I had slept way past when I was meant to get up, if I'm late again I'm probably gonna get sacked and with my luck I'm probably going to be late.

I run into my bathroom and scrub my teeth before dealing with my tangled black locks. I should cut it, waist length hair is always a menace to untangle and I really didn't have to time right now to deal with it

I'm supposed to get up at 5:15am so I had time to get ready and feed my horse Corrie and i'd woken up almost an hour later. I had to get to work by half past eight and now I only had 15 minutes left.

I run downstairs after tying my hair up in a messy bun and sprint to Corries stable.

I practically chuck her food at her while struggling to put on on her light rug, It was already hot outside and there was a slight breeze, I didn't want to put her out bare in case it rained, the weather was unpredictable and If I looked at the forecast I bet you it's gonna say its about to snow.

"Head up" I say and she obeys. I put on her head collar and clip on her lead rope. I then grab her food bucket and lead her into her field. I place the feed bucket in the shade and unclip her.

I run back to the house and grab my backpack, yup, I don't have a hand bag because what is the point really, someone could snatch it off you at any second and there is way less room. I rummage around and find my perfume bottle and spray it until the smell of horses and faded because I didn't think the customers would be too happy about that.

I grab my car keys from the ugly bowl my mom had given me and click on lock. I open the drivers side door and throw my backpack into the passenger seat. I hop in and jam the key into the ignition whilst tapping my fingers impatiently on the dashboard "come on come on" I mumble to myself and punch the air when the SUV finally starts.

I pull out my long drive and race down the road. I live about two hours from the few cities around the here so I had to drive through the forest and force down the urge to gaze at the beautiful scenery.

I step my foot harder on the gas until the Speedo reached 80 miles per hour, I really didn't want to be fired because i loved my job and had two friends that worked there as well, which was lucky.

I was so deep in thought that I nearly didn't see the person standing in the middle of the road until they were right in front of me.

I curse and step hard on the breaks, swerving. I skid across the road and thankfully didn't land in a ditch, I breath a breath of relief and drop my head on the steering wheel, trying to get my breathing in check. I then put the car into reverse.

I stop until I'm next to the person. Weirdly, they never moved a muscle while I nearly crashed into the ditch and right now, the woman was snarling at me, like what!!?? She was the one who nearly made me crash! Why in the freckle heckles was she mad!!!???

I take in her appearence before i rolled down the window to shout at her. She had limp, greasy looking mousy brown hair and bloodshot eyes which were glaring in my direction. I suck in a breath when I realise she was covered in blood. Her mouth was opening at snapping shut, as if silently speaking, her skin was pale and full of puss filled spots.