CONFUSED ( 혼란스러운 )

" Much unhappiness has come into the world because of bewilderment and things left unsaid. "
-Fyodor Dostoevsky

Noise. Everything was like noise to her ears. She couldn't focus on any sound except for her beating heart. Even her dearest friend's voice wasn't able to bring her back to reality.

All she did was take a shaky breath and blankly stare at the floor as her fingers would slowly curl and turn into a fist.

Gently, she felt a hand warping hers and a thumb brushing against her fingers. And like magic, she broke from her trance. Her eyes gradually lifted to meet with his familiar dark orbs, staring at her with worry. A shy smile traveled on his lips, maybe an attempt to calm her racy heart and bring her back from her dark thoughts.

" Hey. " He softly said.

" ...Hey. " Replied the woman.

Licking his lips, he carefully chose his words, " How are you feeling? "

The young woman pondered, " ...Lost, and confused? " Her eyes gazing at their intervened hands, she admitted. " I don't know why I'm feeling this way, Jungkook. I didn't think he would- " She gulped. " I didn't know what I was expecting, but certainly not this. "

Her gaze turning back to his face, she asked, " What does this mean, Jungkook? Are they back together? What about me? What about this tattoo? What am I supposed to do? Keep living as if I know nothing? "

" Hey, hey, hey! " His hand reached out to cup her cheek and calm her down. " Hey, this is your day. Don't bring yourself down and have those thoughts. We know nothing yet. Maybe it was...just a friendly exchange. "

Minseo shook her head, " It was not just a friendly exchange, Jungkook. You know that, and I know that too. What type of person would say to their ex that they had missed them then hug them? Usually, that's not what you do. And I can't believe he just stayed there and even hugged her back! "

Without any word, the young man brought his hand behind Minseo's back and started rubbing in a circle, hoping to bring her some comfort.

" Do you want to leave? " He suddenly asked.

This took Minseo by surprise and almost uttered that she indeed wanted to leave this place and this stupid competition, but she knew she couldn't.

" No...Let's-Let's just go back. "

The pair started walking back backstage and were quickly greeted by Jongdae.

" There you are! " He said as soon as his eyes landed on the woman's figure, but quickly frowned when he noticed the man beside her. " Oh, you are... "

" Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook. " He extended his hand.

Jongdae shook it while giving a side look to Minseo. " Do I take that as you didn't do it? " He quietly muttered, but it was loud enough for the other man to hear.

Jungkook cleared his throat. " Something came up. " He justified for her.

Raising an eyebrow at the man, he asked, " And what exactly happened? "

The black-haired man glanced at his best friend and noticed her looking away. He sighed as he put his hand in his jeans pocket and shrugged.

" Well, we found Jung Hoseok in the arm of his ex. Both hugging each other while muttering how much they have missed each other. "

" That's not happened! " Suddenly exclaimed the woman earning a frown by Jongdae. " Well, not exactly. "

" And what happened exactly? "