HELP ME UNDERSTAND ( 이해하도록 도와줘요 )

" May you realize that my lies are merely the price of your blatant disguise. "
-Unknown

As his familiar figure could be viewed through the glass, her eyes were tempted to gawk at him only. His slender fingers gripped tightly around his phone, whereas his jaw clenched for a split of seconds before his eyes finally met with hers.

Expecting his usual smile, Minseo was confused when he quickly turned his face away from her. For a moment, she noted, his eyes scowling at her, but maybe she was mistaken. Either way, his back was now facing Minseo, giving her no answer on his current expression.

Suddenly, his left hand traveled to his waist, and his shoulder shook a bit.

" What are they talking about? "

Having enough, the young woman turned her eyes away from him and tried to concentrate on something else.

While her chin was resting on the palm of her hand, from the corner of her eyes she witnessed the screen of her phone lighting up, notifying her that she had received a message.

" Ah, Jungkook will be here soon... "

Minseo stayed still for a moment before her eyes traveled from the screen of her phone to Hoseok's figure. She sighed as she put her phone down on the table.

" Here is your order, my lady. "

Seokjin gracefully gave her meal, then Hoseok's before he gave the young woman a curious look.

" Where is he? " He asked.

Minseo smiled at the man before she pointed outside. " Out, on the phone with someone important. "

Seokjin worriedly looked outside before he excused himself as another customer was ready to give their order.

Now, she was alone in front of her untouched meal, wondering for how long she had to wait before Hoseok were to come back. Somehow, the more he was on that phone, the more she was losing the courage to ask him about her and his tattoo.

Did they not cut ties? Perhaps, was he still in love with his ex? Were they going to get back together? Or were they together already?

While her thoughts were running wild, her ideas were suddenly cut through. Without warning, Minseo heard her name being called by the other end of the restaurant. When she lifted her head to uncover the person's identity, she discovered, without much surprise, her best friend, Jungkook.

Her eyes lighten up at the sight of him slowly walking her way. He was wearing a white shirt tugged inside his jean, with black boots while a nice watched was decorating his wrist.

His look was casual yet neat.

" You were quick. " Stated the young woman before she looked at him up and down. " You took my advice. You look really handsome. As expected, you aren't one of the most attractive guys in your high school for nothing. " She teased this time.

At her compliment, he brushed the nape of his neck nervously and giggled, " Thanks! Actually, I was at a friend's place close by. I borrowed his clothes. "

A smile spread on her face at the sight of his cute yet embarrassed expression.

Did she ever say that she loved teasing Jungkook? It was simply so amusing for her to observe his reactions to her teasing. He was too cute for his own good.

His eyes traveling from her to the plate across hers, he asked, " Oh, you aren't alone. " He looked back at her. " Are you with Krystal? "

Minseo smiled at him and shook her head, " No, I came with Hoseok. There was something I wanted to talk about with him- That's right! Haven't you seen him outside? "