Part 11- The Meeting

I explained to Wanda that I'd been put in for an early meeting so I had to leave, she was disappointed but understood.
Y/N- I'm really sorry, maybe we can have some people round and I'll cook?
Wanda smiles, 'sounds perfect Sonny'
I give her a kiss before grabbing a Taxi and heading home. I sort myself out before getting into bed preparing for the next day.

I arrive at the base at 6:49, it was earlier than I had to be there but I know Strucker hates people being late.
Strucker- this mission is a trap we are setting for the Avengers, they are getting in the way and we need you to kill them all
I choke on my water as he says this
Y/N- I don't just kill people?
Strucker- well now you do, it's likely they will bring everyone they have. The more you kill, the easier for us to complete our plan
Y/N- what's your plan?
Strucker- we want to find the best and strongest men and women. We will make them the best soldiers who will always comply, we will rule the world agent.
Y/N- you cannot be serious? That's crazy, you've done it once already and you've seen how tough it is to control that
Strucker- We do what must be done for the world to be ours and a better place
Y/N- a better place? You are going to hurt people so they can hurt even more people!
That's not a better place, that's just plain damn abuse and straight up murder.
Strucker- Your mission starts tomorrow, you are dismissed. Now leave before we have to get you back in line.

I stand up and leave the base, I can't wrap my head around what he just told me. I couldn't kill them, that's not who I am and what would that do to Wanda if I killed everyone she loved? I couldn't live with myself doing that.
I got back to my apartment and threw on my suit, making sure my face was fully covered. I packed a couple of bags grabbing the mission briefing I had been given. There was only one way to stop what was about it happen, it wasn't going to be good for me but at this point, this was bigger than me.

I focus my mind and teleport myself into the avengers lounge. I arrive and see multiple people looking at me including Wanda.
Romanoff pulls both her guns out and Cap picks up his shield, they were getting ready for a mission and I seemed to have interrupted.
Nat- put your hands up and get down onto your knees
I follow the instructions wanting to gain as much trust as possible
Y/N- I'm not here to hurt anyone, I need your help. There's a file in my bag that you need to read, please it's urgent.
Wanda gingerly walks over and pulls out the file, reading through it she understand why you came
Wanda- she's right, we were being set up
Y/N- everything Hydra is planning is against everything I believe, I can't let them go through with it. They've got to be stopped and only you can do it.
Nat- why should we believe you? Maybe you are setting us up?
Y/N- if I wanted you dead then all of you would be by now. I don't want to hurt any of you, I never did but it was my job and I couldn't get away from it.

Wanda- you hurt my friends, I will not forgive you for that.
With a flick of her fingers, she sends me flying across the room into the a wall. I roll over and see her coming towards me, I get back onto my knees and place my hands in the air.
Y/N- I am not here to fight. I will not fight you.

Nat- take the mask off and then maybe we will start to you trust you.
Y/N- I can't do that. If you stop Hydra then you'll want to come for me. I cannot live a normal life being known for what I did. I can't be followed everywhere I go.
Nat- we can't help you, you should leave.

I look at Wanda and saw the anger in her eyes, I couldn't believe what I was about to do but I knew it was the right thing.
I looked down and started to remove the mask.