Part 15- Recovery

Y/N POV-
Ending up in the medical bay wasn't exactly what I was expecting after that mission. I could feel the pain in my body, even taking steady breaths was hurting.
My fingers are entangled with someone else's but I haven't managed to open my eyes yet.

Wanda- I don't know if you can hear me but you protected me out there. If you didn't shield me from that blast then this would be me not you. I know all you wanted was a normal life but I need you. You find joy in the little things and you find hope in hopelessness.
Y/N- good job I'm not ready to die
I tighten my grip around her hand and slowly open my eyes. The light was bright and made my head pound, I'm not sure if this was heaven or not but Wanda was there so I didn't want it to end.

Wanda- you're awake! How are you feeling?
Y/N- don't worry about me, how are you?
Wanda- I'm fine, there's a couple cuts but you took the brunt of that blast. So tell me, how are you feeling?
I feel the tears in my eyes as I look at her
Y/N- it hurts so much
Wanda- it's okay Y/N, I'll go get Bruce for you
Y/N- wait Wanda, I'm sorry...
Wanda- yeah, I'll get Bruce

I can see her walking out off the room heading down the corridor to find Bruce.
He comes in and gives me some more pain killers which help a lot.
Bruce- you're gonna need some rest
Y/N- If you follow normal procedure then stitches out in a week, don't get them wet and keep them covered?
Bruce- um yes, how did you know that?
Y/N- I'm a surgeon, I was trained to ensure I could save soldiers on the field.
Bruce- that's impressive, we could use someone like you here
Y/N- no Bruce, you need a doctor here buts that's not me.

I get up taking everything he has given me and I start to head out of the Tower. I couldn't stay there, I wasn't one of them. I had always been the enemy and yes, I had helped them on one mission but that's not a reason to stay.
Nat- where do you think you are going?
I stop in my tracks as I hear Romanoff behind me
Y/N- some of us have things to do that don't require us to be here
Nat- you can't just leave Y/N
Y/N- it's not like I'm one of you Natasha, I'm the enemy. You don't trust me and honestly, I don't trust any of you enough to stay here
Nat- we aren't going to kill you, we want you to keep helping us. Help us take down Hydra once and for all
Y/N- I can't do that Natasha, I'm sorry but I have to go
I leave without saying another word. As soon as I'm outside, I teleport back to my apartment, I knew I was safe here because Hydra didn't know about it. It was my safe place and somewhere I could recover without issues.

2 weeks later
Time has passed slowly, my wounds have pretty much healed and I was able to do most things normally now.
I'd been getting the odd text from Natasha but otherwise it was quiet. I hadn't heard from Wanda since that day in the medical room. I can understand why, I may have been like her but we were completely different. She was a good person and I wasn't, everyone knew that.

It was a normal Wednesday morning, well what had become my new normal.
I woke up at 7am and checked the news to see if the avengers were in it. After, I get up and put on some shorts, my sports bra and a sports vest so I could head out for a run. It's weird but I never ate before I ran, I like to push myself and this meant I could get the best from myself.
I ran that day for a couple hours, I felt free because I could go as far as I wanted knowing I could get back easily.
I thought today was like any other day recently but I was proved wrong.

Running through the park, my phone started to ring so I stopped and walked over to a nearby bench. Pulling my phone out, I saw Wanda was calling me.
Do I answer it? It's not like she's wanted to talk before now, maybe I reject it and she doesn't have to deal with me anymore or maybe I answer it and hope we can patch things up.
Y/N- hello?
Wanda- Where are you!
Her voice sounded urgent and serious, something was wrong and I could feel it.