A Friendship Through the Ages Pt.2 [Straight]

Weeks later

Dhruv turns off the tap, finishing the last of the dishes and glances over to where Shruti sits on the counter, licking at the ice cream. A strange feeling stirs inside him watching her. Desire. No, that can't be true. He hasn't felt that kind of lust for her ever. Except the past few months since she's been living with him, it has been slowly creeping in. He can pretend he hasn't felt it all he likes but it's there in his actions. Why else would he have lied to his mom like that? It was partly to get her off his back but also...the idea of having Shruti as his girlfriend isn't unwelcome. She understands him in a way he's never felt understood before. And he likes to think he also understands her. They have a mature friendship and as much as he doesn't want to disturb or disrupt that, he can't help the attraction.

"So listen," he starts walking towards her.
"Yes?" she replies holding out the disappearing cone towards him.
He takes a swipe at it but is mindful not to take much. As it is, he barely manages to squeeze in time at the gym before work. Unlike her, curves on him would not look good.
"My parents want to meet you. It doesn't have to be at their place or ours. We can go for dinner. It'll be casual, no pressure."
She munches on the wafer cone and narrows her eyes at him.
"And would that be meeting them as your housemate and friend or meeting them as your pretend girlfriend?"

He has enough humility to look nervous.
"Well..."
"Dhruv!" she cries, "you still haven't told them!"
"No but why do I have to?" he complains.
"Because we're not really dating," she says, stating the obvious with sass.
He leans in, a small smile at his lips, "but we could be."

What game is he playing? He teases her but he's never teased her like this.
"But we're not."
"But we could be," he argues back, his tone softer this time and his face far closer to hers.
She frowns. Seriously, what is he doing? Why is he playing with her like this?
"We can't because you don't see me like that."
"Says who?"
Now she's super confused.
"Last time when we almost..."
"Last time I had a girlfriend and I'm not a cheater. This time you're my girlfriend."
Her mouth goes dry at his words. She can scarcely believe he's calling her his girlfriend. She never knew how much she longed to hear those words until now. Except that's not exactly the truth.
"But we're not really dating," she whispers sadly.
"We could be-"
"But-"

He cuts off her protests with his lips on hers. Out of reflex her head darts back in surprise but when she realises what's happening, she's completely on board. He starts to pull back and as he does, she moves with him. Her lips moving against his, hesitantly at first but more sure with each passing moment.

His arms move up her sides to her waist, pulling her against him. Her body hums as her soft curves press against his more toned form. God, he could seriously just quit being a lawyer and be a model instead no problem. His mouth opens, prompting hers to do the same and as he deepens their kiss, they can both taste sweet ice-cream. How Shruti is holding that cone up still she has no idea. It drips down her wrist though making her mewl and pull back as the cool liquid hits her heated skin.

Dhruv withdraws from her to check out the cause for concern. Spotting it, he brings up the hand that has the melted cream and draws her wrist to his mouth. Languidly he licks away the sticky, sweet dessert from her fingers and wrist all while she watches him with lust growing within her. She's never felt this way except when imagining an imaginary man by herself in bed.
"Dhruv," she whispers when those hazel eyes flicker back to her face.
Again those green flecks seem to glow as his expression is dark and fierce. Her legs wind around his waist and ankles cross behind at his lower back. His mouth returns to hers, she shifts her hips to grind against his. The friction feeling delicious but far too dull with all their clothes in the way.

He pulls back again but this time, lips and teeth nip at her neck. She knows her pulse is going wild because she can feel the roar of her blood at her own ears.

"Finish the ice-cream," he commands.
She's stuck, frozen in lust and his arms to move though.
"Now, Shruti. Or it's going in the trash."
She doesn't like food waste and she certainly doesn't want to waste her dessert. Quickly munching down the last of it, she lifts her arms as he tugs at her t-shirt. It's thrown off somewhere behind her when he attacks her lips again.

"Let's go to the bedroom," she whispers, fingers running beneath his shirt. Still in his work clothes, she has to untuck it from his trousers first.
She skims over the hard planes of muscles beneath that smooth tan skin.
"In a minute," he rushes out.
"Dhruv," she complains in response.
How long are they just going to keep making out? She wants to get to the action now that she's getting sufficiently warmed up.
"In a minute," he repeats, before his forehead presses against hers and he gently brushes his nose against hers saying, "I need to taste you."
"Okay," she responds, "is that not what you've been doing?"
He gives her a huff of laughter, the smile dropping as he explains, "no, I need to taste your pussy, baby."
Her eyes go big at his declaration, mouth dry again.
"Oh," she gasps and then stutters an, "okay."

********************

This part is continued on my profile on Inkitt (under the same name). For more details look at the 'Foreword' at the start. The Foreword also explains why I have to do it like this. Don't come for me, it's not my favourite choice.

*********************

She wonders if she should wear something before 'slipping into bed'. He didn't specify that part. Thank God the maid won't be coming tomorrow. She can't imagine how horrific that would be for her to find Shruti's clothes strewn around the kitchen.

With the endorphins from sex wearing off, Shruti's left feeling a little lost. Where does this leave her? Leave them? Before he said they should make their pretend dating real but was that just the horniness talking or does he really mean that? She's pondering all of it when he returns and slips under the sheets with her. In the end all her thinking made her not get out and grab something to wear.

"You're thinking too hard."
"I'm not," she defensively retorts.
He simply smiles against her shoulder, gathering her closer.
"You are. You get this cute, little line between your eyebrows whenever you think too hard. You used to get it on our exams. That's how I'd know which ones you found difficult."
Oh right. How could she forget this is her childhood friend. Who she just had sex with. Her teenage self would be so overjoyed by this progression.
"Well okay, I'm just wondering..."
"Wondering what?"
"If you know, this has complicated things."

Dhruv scoots back, urging her with a hand at her hips to turn to face him. She rolls over and curls up, tucking her hands under her cheek as she takes in his serious but open expression.
"Complicate how?"
"Like where do we stand? Where do we go from here?"

She doesn't want to risk them not being on the same page again. If he wants to keep this casual, she can do that but she needs the warning so she knows to guard her heart. All that previous attraction has made her sink deeper into full on crush mode, especially with the sex. And if they aren't going to keep it casual and he wants them to go back to friendship, she'll do it but it'll certainly take her a long while to stop picturing him as he is in the bedroom. Now that she knows how he can be, how can she possibly go back to a time innocent of that knowledge? It's the fuel of her fantasies.

"I meant what I said. We should date. You know me better than anyone else and I know you just as well. We fit, S. Not just physically but with everything. We can live together and not end up fighting. We agree on the big things and more importantly we respect and value each other. That's more than any relationship I've ever had. I can't believe I didn't see it before but it's you, Shruti. It's always been you."

It's always been him for her too. She was just deluding herself when she dated those other men. There's never been anyone who even compares to Dhruv but that also means that this is all a big risk. If it doesn't work out, it'll be the worst heartbreak she's ever experienced and she's not sure if she'll be able to get over it. Not just that but all those years and years of memories will be tainted. How can she jeopardize that?
"It's always been you for me too. But Dhruv? I don't want to ruin our friendship."

He reaches out to brush her hair back and stroke along her cheek.

"Baby, we're not going to ruin our friendship. Our friendship is forever."