King of her heart [historical-straight]

Set in ancient west Asia

"Introducing His Royal Highness King Marwan Ehsan Baqar Shah of the Sindars and his sons; Prince Aydin, Prince Dilawar and Prince Hashim."

Upon the cue of her sisters Mahrenn sits up straighter. A difficult task to say the least with all the heavy jewellery and clothing they've forced her into. Being the eldest daughter, she was expected to partake in royal affairs until she far surpassed suitable marriage age and her helpless parents set their sights upon her more malleable sisters. This affair however is one she was unable to weasel her way out of thus having to adorn such heavy jewellery and attire only to sit silently and watch the boring formalities.

The thinly disguised ruse of the King and his 3 sons visiting for diplomatic affair is actually for the auction of her and her sisters. Thankfully, her age and the shortfall of her beauty in comparison to her sisters almost certainly eliminates her from the running. Yet if such a Prince were to pick her, 5 minutes of conversation with her and many have returned with tight lips and a vow to never speak to or of her again.

Mahreen has to admit that is one of her more perverse pleasures. Funny how a man with such arrogance can be disarmed by a woman besting him in a simple battle, be it of wits, wills or weapons.

She snaps back into reality only to listen to her father and the visiting King continue their pleasantry drawl. Attention wandering she casts a passing gaze at each of the Princes. Dilawar and Hashim are just as expected for typical princes. They have their heavily embellished robes, their skin light and posture perfectly upright with their handsome faces slack in an expression of boredom and assuredness. Their brother Aydin on the other hand. 

Well, Mahreen has to slow her gaze over that one. 

He has by all accounts the same properties expected in a prince except just something about the way he holds himself that needles at Mahreen. He catches her gaze and immediately looks away, his weight shifting from foot to foot. Mahreen's eyes narrow at the action.
Just what is going on?

After the long drawn out introductions and friendly chats, Mahreen and her sisters are dismissed for now with instructions to prepare for the evening preparations. The smaller group of men retire to a room to commence diplomatic discussions.

She watches irritant as they leave, her father giving her a warning look to hold her tongue. When she was a little girl she would often run around the palace and one of the places she would end up would be that same room, sat on her father's lap listening intently to the ministers and him talk of their political moves. Then as she grew she soon found herself pushed out of there. On occasion with familiar ministers, her father would allow her to be present and contribute however she realises the delicate situation with these foreign ones.
They would feel it an outrage to have her sitting in there. And although she understands it, doesn't mean she's happy with it.

 Reluctantly she trails behind her sisters into their dressing room. Two of them flop onto the cushioned divan sofa, sighing as they do.

 "They're so handsome," exasperates Ayesha.
As the youngest sister she is the most naive and sweetest of them all.
"Do you think they will want to marry us?" questions Fatima.

Mahreen can only roll her eyes at that, she hopes not.
Well, maybe for her sisters that would be okay. Fatima especially for the past year or two has been wanting to be married. Well aware of this their father has tried several times to fulfil that wish...only her sister.
She is so painfully shy with princes, even they grow sick of having one sided conversations.

"I want the middle one-Dilawar. If that is why they're here that is," claims Huda.

Always one to stake her claim first, Huda definitely is the sister Mahreen loves to annoy the most. Mainly because she does get heated very quickly.

 "I heard it's for the oldest one, Aydin, to look for matches," conspires Ayesha.